Joe Rocket Jacket

• Member Contributer

Having seen it from close to the beginning, I always considered the Joe Rocket brand (for it was primarily an outsourcer) a bit of a joke.  But there's a bit more to it than that, according to this 2017 article: https://www.motorcyclemojo.com/2017/08/rocket-man/#:~:text=In order to focus on,selling it outright in 1996.  

Ciao,

JZH

Great article!  Enjoyed reading all of it, so thanks for the post JZH.  So far, I'm quite happy with the JR VFR mesh jacket.  It's remarkably comfortable in warmer temps.  Haven't worn it in the rain yet, but hard to avoid that during unpredictable Wisconsin summer afternoons.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on the Joe Rocket VFR mesh jacket... I’ve been quite comfortable in temps as high as 89F. Airflow is really good and if you want to ride on a cool day, with or without the threat of rain, just insert the rain liner. No need to layer up at all.  Zippers are staying put as well.  The only thing I’m not sure of is how to get the little dead bugs out of the mesh... think I’ll try a vacuum before I wash the thing. 

Archived