Joe Rocket Jacket

Just curious if any VFR riders out there currently use Joe Rocket riding jackets, especially the textile/mesh types from recent years.  I just ordered the "Joe Rocket Honda VFR Jacket".  The only thing on the jacket that indicates "VFR" is a small tag on the front left chest area.  I think it looks really sharp and has some highly reflective qualities that I was looking for as visibility is immensely important in today's motoring world (then again, it may not be that important if people are constantly looking at their phones instead of what's out in front of them.) Not many reviews yet on Revzilla, but of the 7, all were very good.  Mine will arrive in a couple of days, but if anyone has anything good or not-so-good to report or look out for, let me know.  I bought mine from a local motorsports dealer near where I work. 

joe_rocket_honda_vfr_jacket_rollover.jpg

I have a similar Joe Rocket mesh jacket that I really like.   Was hoping the VFR jacket had a lil more color to it,  but is a pretty nice jacket...

• Member Contributer

I used to ride in a Joe Rocket mesh jacket which I bought on a visit out west a few years ago. Very nice jacket for those really warm days, even over here.

• Member Contributer

the wife has almost the identical jacket but its mostly black with white accents.  Looks great on the back of my white/black VFR

Before I ordered it, I tried on a very similar Joe Rocket jacket they had in stock, just to size me up in it since each manufacturer has quite the varied sizing charts.  It was a medium, and perfectly snug for a track-day, but too snug for everyday civilian road havoc, so I went with a large.  I'm hoping it offers the exact room I'm looking for if I need to layer up in cooler months.  I almost went with the only other color option, black/gray, but when my wife said she liked the lighter colored one (3 out of the 50 shades of gray), it wasn't only a no-brainer, it was the go-ahead I needed to actually buy it.

• Member Contributer

I've had a Joe Rocket mesh jacket for a couple of years now. I'm quite happy with it. Sizing on coats is so all over the place anymore that I don't even know whether to say whether it runs true or not, but I would hope that they at least run true inside their own brand.

4 minutes ago, thepretender said:

Too bad it dose not come in red to match my VFR 😞 I have 2 mesh jackets so don't need but if it was red a impulse buy may have occurred. 

They offer a CBR version in a red and gray color scheme:  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/joe-rocket-honda-cbr-mesh-jacket

• Member Contributer

I've got a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with perforated leather sleeves and shoulders that's about 16 years old now. It's great. I doubt they still make this one.

Dragon_2.jpg

I have 2 Joe Rocket jackets and both have been amazing.

JR Phoenix 12.0 with removable liner.

ans

MY Brand new:

JR Honda Sports Mesh jacket with armour that is amazing for summer with CE armour including spine.

Looks super sharp.

Good quality at good price point.

Ride safe

IMG_4388.jpg

22 hours ago, VFR80025th said:

I have 2 Joe Rocket jackets and both have been amazing.

JR Phoenix 12.0 with removable liner.

ans

MY Brand new:

JR Honda Sports Mesh jacket with armour that is amazing for summer with CE armour including spine.

Looks super sharp.

Good quality at good price point.

Ride safe

@VFR80025th:  Nice looking bike!  (My last one was an '86 750 in the same colors... looked exactly as the photo below 'cept with a Kerker exhaust... don't remember where I found that image.)  The local dealer I purchased my JR jacket from called me yesterday right before I left the office to say it was ready for pick up.  Forecast called for thunderstorms this afternoon so I left the VFR at home, but will post a photo next time I'm suited up.  It was 90'F with humidity yesterday afternoon down here in Cheeseconsin (imagine it was similar up by you), so I didn't try it on a ride just yet.  Might not get to do so until Friday.  I don't mind getting caught in the rain, but T-storms are no fun... at all.   

vfr750.jpg

I had one with the perf leather sleeves. After a few years the leather rotted from sweat.

I was lucky to find one without leather on Craigs list for $20 last year and snapped it up.

I don't think the protection is on par with a leather suit, or a textile suit, but those are too dam hot in summer.

10 hours ago, VFR78 said:

Great knee sliders!

Yeah... but it's all bionic skin I tell ya!  lol  I could have at least put jeans on for the photo but dang it was really hot n muggy out. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Goldcrown44 said:

Yeah... but it's all bionic skin I tell ya!  lol  I could have at least put jeans on for the photo but dang it was really hot n muggy out. 

Cold and a bit wet down here in OZ, just as the lockdown eases up🥶.

3 hours ago, thepretender said:

So you gloved up to show how the jacket looked? Something fishy going on here. 😉

It dose look real good atop that sexy white bike. 

i really have no idea why i put the gloves on. lol

62 deg F ride in this morning... chose not to use the liners for this 30 minute ride.  A little breazy-brisk, but I wasn't uncomfortably cool at all.  The jacket fit great!  The front pocket zippers are of good quality, but in my opinion, zip open and close too easy, so I was hesitant to leave valuables in them, thinking the pockets could open during the ride (they didn't open - but there's a reason for my paranoia). I think the only thing I would do different is design a zipper tuck/hook-n-loop thingy to keep gravity from wanting to loosen them up.

• Member Contributer

I had a jacket pocket come open several years ago on a ride and a fairly nice camera fell out.... now I'm paranoid. Like the jacket!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't put anything more valuable than a snot rag in the jacket pockets.

Wallet goes in the pants pocket with this JR gear.

Phone goes in the trunk, or fanny pack if I bring that.

17 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

I had a jacket pocket come open several years ago on a ride and a fairly nice camera fell out.... now I'm paranoid. Like the jacket!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Before my JR jacket arrived, I was wearing an unarmored, wind and rain resistant Eddie Bauer jacket, and went on a 2 hr ride.  Quick stop before my destination and noticed a side pocket zipper 2/3rds fo the way down... and no more wallet.  I was extraordinarily lucky to get it back the next day.  It fell out 35 miles from my starting point.  I suspect I won't ever get that fortunate a 2nd time, so lesson learned.

Archived