Tyreleader.co.uk or AD TYRES INTERNATIONAL

Skids

• Member Contributer

They supply cheap bike and car tyres. I've used them for several years as they are really cheap and delivery is prompt but I am recommending that you avoid them.

I bought a pair of bike tyres from them on 5 April. Upon delivery, the rear tyre was missing, having quite obviously been removed as the packaging was still attached to the front tyre. Unsure as to whether the front tyre had been interfered with (let's face it, a tyre is a big safety feature), I declined the delivery. Here we are 6 1/2 weeks later and I still haven't been reimbursed for the rear tyre. It even took them a month to reimburse for the returned front tyre. I've bought from these guys before and their prices are good with quick delivery, but it seems that the second things go wrong, they hang onto your money until the very end. They are effectively holding me financially responsible for a dispute between themselves and the delivery company and are refusing to reimburse me until the delivery company have settled.

They are based in Andorra, which is not a part of the EU, despite them having the Euro as their currency, so neither the UK nor EU claims courts have any jurisdiction - I wonder if that is why they set up business there?  :084:

Anyway, I am so incensed by their behaviour that I am writing this in the hope that others will not be caught out like I have been.

• Member Contributer

Good to know.  "No frills" can sometimes work out that way! 

But, assuming you are an individual and paid with a UK-issued credit card, you should have "Section 75" and/or "chargeback" rights.  Neither of these is an automatic process, but most credit card companies (or banks that issue them) seem to be fairly responsive to customer disputes such as this.  This is not exactly surprising in the case of Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, because both the card issuer and the retailer you purchased from are considered jointly and severably liable under the contract.  Call your credit card company and tell them what has happened.  Chargeback is a slightly different process, but can also be used with debit card transactions.  (PayPal can be a problem if you paid that way, but they do have their own dispute settlement process.)  Good luck.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

Thanks m8. Paid by debit card so have already actioned the chargeback process though it was a protection I only learned about recently.

Checking Trustpilot, it seems this way of dealing with issues is a regular thing with them. They have lots of satisfied customers when there is no issue, but as soon as something goes wrong, they hold on to your money for as long as they can.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived