Power Commander Maps 16-005-508/018 blend

MattyIce

16-005-508/018 blend

View File

This is my first post, but I have been reading the forum for years. I just got a PCV during the pandemic to kill some time and ran into a dead end in terms of maps for my bike:

1999 VFR800 with Vance & Hines SSR slip-on, airbox top lid removed (no flapper, snorkel, etc) with pipercross high flow filter in place. Before installing the PCV it was sounding and feeling like a 250 parallel twin until I fattened up the "1998-1999 Erion slip-on" map from Dynojet, by adding the difference in fueling points between the 16-005-503 vs 16-005-508 maps between 2% - 20% WOT until 6000 RPM to accommodate the "airbox valve disabled" as its listed in the Dynojet notes. Although, Dynojet support advised against using the European maps at first, I was able to make it work by subtracting -6 points (~2 jet sizes) from the fueling numbers on 16-005-508 across the table from 2-20% and from 750 - 6000 RPM (assuming my ECU is enabling the 2nd intake track at 5500 rpm and disabling it at 5000 rpm, per the service manual) I test drove it today and it does make a big difference. Again this map is a hybrid mix of the Euro '02 airbox valve disabled map and the '98 erion slip-on map 16-005-018. I have tried out all the other maps listed here on this forum and this one works best for my bike. Cheers!

• Like 1