Saw another 7th gen in the wild

Wife and I went out for a short ride yesterday. We were headed north on U.S. Route 1 (Two Notch Road) near Pontiac in NE Columbia. A solo rider on a red VFR1200 with side bags passed us headed south. I waved, then realized it was another 7th gen, but the wife wouldn't let me turn around and chase you down...

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, gloryracing said:

You were probably mistaken.

Haha, true, but every once in a while it does happen. About seven or eight years ago I saw you, Gloryracing, heading east on 14 out of Big Flat, with your significant other on pillion (and with Push Mtn. Road on your mind no doubt). Heading west, my head snapped around as I waved. I couldn't believe my eyes, two red 7th gens in NE Arkansas!

AR Rt 341 5.18.12.JPG

• Member Contributer

spacer.png     

In my eight years of ownership,I have never seen one in the wild. We are a rare breed.  

568AC5FD-0F9F-474E-AD02-BC2731F199FE.jpeg

1FE8EE73-E55E-47C1-96EA-CB834CDFF3C7.jpeg

I don't know that I've seen a 7th gen on the road, other than at a VFRD organized ride.

I don't see them often for sale at local dealers either, but there is one for sale at a nearby shop.  Yes, I did consider buying it, but it's not for me.  The huge motorcycle shop in Westerville, OH, has one right now, too.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, St. Stephen said:

Haha, true, but every once in a while it does happen. About seven or eight years ago I saw you, Gloryracing, heading east on 14 out of Big Flat, with your significant other on pillion (and with Push Mtn. Road on your mind no doubt). Heading west, my head snapped around as I waved. I couldn't believe my eyes, two red 7th gens in NE Arkansas!

AR Rt 341 5.18.12.JPG

Have parked right there in the shade on many a hot summer day.  Spring and fall we usually just park on Push at the stop sign.

Funny but I do vaguely remember the brief passing....tis very rare indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, after I bought my 7th gen just saw noticed another one that was always parked, less than one km away from where I live. I always thought it was strange bike looking at it from far away. This is Germany however, not sure how many of these units are on the streets. Other than the one parked near the corner, I don't remember seeing one in the flesh.

Archived