Researching Classic '70s Hondas

• Member Contributer

I'm researching typical pricing of '70s Honda's - twins and fours, the whole range produced. 

Can you suggest some good resources for fair prices, bikes in various conditions

- assuming someone would buy, do some  or major resto work and then sell to make a few bucks. 

Kinda of a what if -- a barn find situation... 

Kinda been doing the Google thing, but there has to be an old Honda junkie group/blog/forum or other somewhere... 

Wahtdya know? :beer:

• Member Contributer

Hey mello dude, I had one of these, a 1968 CL 350, for a couple of years back in '69 - '71. I was 20 years old; it had ~6,000 miles on it, bought from my neighbor for $750. I think he had to sell it because he got caught drinking/riding. 

It was a fun machine that could take a beating. I tried it in 'scrambling mode' once or twice but it was a little too heavy. It was my only form of motorized transportation. I did take it on one "long ride" - 450 miles, two-up. 300+ pounds of riders could make max 65 mph.

Googled: https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale/1969-honda-cl350-scrambler 

And that's just about all I know on this.

Good luck.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Hey mello dude, I had one of these, a 1968 CL 350, for a couple of years back in '69 - '71. I was 20 years old; it had ~6,000 miles on it, bought from my neighbor for $750. I think he had to sell it because he got caught drinking/riding. 

It was a fun machine that could take a beating. I tried it in 'scrambling mode' once or twice but it was a little too heavy. It was my only form of motorized transportation. I did take it on one "long ride" - 450 miles, two-up. 300+ pounds of riders could make max 65 mph.

Googled: https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale/1969-honda-cl350-scrambler 

And that's just about all I know on this.

Good luck.

Thanks for the link... .there's gotta be a web page/forum or other where the classic bike junkies hang out..... 

Archived