purchase, vfr 8gen but which version 1 or 2?

Good Evening. I want to buy vfr 800f (8 gen) but I have seen that it has 2 versions. The first 2014 and the 2nd version 2017, except for
a: color Frame
b: exhaust
c: usb socket
d: front shock absorber color
is there a real difference in ignition, economy or something else?
eg: vfr 800 vtec 6gen 2002 to 2006 had different turns per minute in vtec and ABS.

Τhanks and sorry for my english.

• Member Contributer

As far as I am aware the only differences are the ones you listed. I wasn’t aware there was a difference in the front shock absorber colour will have to check that out. The USB socket will be very handy, but it is also very easy to install one yourself ( mounted under the seat and wired directly to the battery). It really comes down to which exhaust you prefer. Fuel economy, performance ect will be pretty much identical (the different exhaust may cause a very small difference) You will be very happy with either. Mine is a 2014.

• Member Contributer

Also the secondary air intake duct flapper valve system is removed from the 2017 model.

Both 14 and 17 are very reliable bikes.

Also all the electrical problems that have been with previous generation VFR's appear to have been resolved with the 8gen.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

As far as I am aware the only differences are the ones you listed. I wasn’t aware there was a difference in the front shock absorber colour will have to check that out. The USB socket will be very handy, but it is also very easy to install one yourself ( mounted under the seat and wired directly to the battery). It really comes down to which exhaust you prefer. Fuel economy, performance ect will be pretty much identical (the different exhaust may cause a very small difference) You will be very happy with either. Mine is a 2014.

Hi Phil.

Here's a nice 2017 for you. I quite like the blackened frame and the polished forks.

Cheers.

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi Phil.

Here's a nice 2017 for you. I quite like the blackened frame and the polished forks.

Cheers.

image.jpeg

Thanks Grum, hadn’t paid any attention to the forks being a different colour, although I new the frame was black. 

Hi Phil.
Cheers.

image.jpeg.ca85374f7dcbfef87f9488350fe3e8e1.jpeg

Looks good in silver

14 hours ago, Grum said:

Also the secondary air intake duct flapper valve system is removed from the 2017 model.

Both 14 and 17 are very reliable bikes.

Also all the electrical problems that have been with previous generation VFR's appear to have been resolved with the 8gen.

Good Evening. I didn't understand what you are saying (Also the secondary air intake duct flapper valve system is removed from the 2017 motel) is easy for a photo please. This has serious differences.?

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, ethenelos said:

Good Evening. I didn't understand what you are saying (Also the secondary air intake duct flapper valve system is removed from the 2017 model) is easy for a photo please. This has serious differences.?

No it's not an issue, it's just a design difference. A lot of VFR owners including myself have removed this system from their bikes. Honda, since the 2017 model have decided to remove it. No need for a photo it's nothing to worry about for either model. Have a look at the link below.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, ethenelos said:

Thank you very much for your prompt replies. I believe I will get the machine by the end of the year.

Good luck. The 2014 or the 2017 VFR is a fantastic bike.

• Member Contributer

The RC93 (2017~) has a different exhaust. It is quite a bit more potent sounding in lower revs and looks better than the round pot of the RC79, too. 

Archived