Found Source for SS Fairing Bolts

I had some rusty fairing bolts and wanted to find a 300 series Stainless Steel version.  This is a before and after photo.  They are nice.  2 weeks for delivery from the UK and over 2 dollars/each.  But, they are very pretty.  I bought ten and will probably order ten more.  I am in no way affiliated with the seller.

Source was eBay:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Honda-Fireblade-Motorcycle-Fairing-Bolts-M5-x-20mm-Stainless-Pan-Button-Head/131246019644?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Screws.jpg

12 hours ago, JoelF said:

These bolts will certainly fit and they are inexpensive.  The downside is the small head diameter of 9.5 mm.  The stock and SS versions (that I ordered and installed) measure 13.5 mm.  So, the low cost version from Belmetric will have a different appearance and not spread the fastening load over as large an area.

• Member Contributer

I found some from Partzilla for $1.54 ea. Not sure if they're stainless tho. I've used them for years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Titanium, surely?

spacer.png

Mmmmm...

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

They look different than those I referenced.  Mine are shiny, chrome-like.

• Member Contributer

Rusty fairing screws...! I never let mine get that bad. I just chuck  them up in my drill, apply some semichrome to some 0000 steel wool and they come up looking like chrome. If your fairing screws look like the above one, what’s the rest of your bike like?

5 hours ago, Mac Morgan said:

Rusty fairing screws...! I never let mine get that bad. I just chuck  them up in my drill, apply some semichrome to some 0000 steel wool and they come up looking like chrome. If your fairing screws look like the above one, what’s the rest of your bike like?

Yeah, it’s a real rust-bucket.

952940C2-2D7D-4D2A-833B-F3B166C491A0.jpeg

Archived