My 86 VFR750F

tomk1960

• Member Contributer

Finally, the day of reckoning arrived last night when I finished the bike.  I still have a few odds and ends to tend to, and I'm waiting for my repainted seat cowl to arrive, but the bike is otherwise done and I'm very happy with it.  It's mostly stock except for the Racetech fork springs, CBR600RR turn signals, and the slightly different colors I used on the engine covers and calipers.  It seems to be running well and it felt great on the first very short trip that I rode it.  Thanks to the help of Captain 80's, Joe Nelson from www.v4dreams.com, and Tom Funk the water pump rebuilder, this all came together nicely.  Here are some pictures to enjoy.

Done1.jpg

Done2.jpg

Done3.jpg

Done4.jpg

Done5.jpg

Done6.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 9/16/2021 at 6:28 PM, Grum said:

Wow, no wonder you're happy with it. Magnificent resto tomk1960, beautiful bike beautiful workmanship, Congratulations.

+1 What he said.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Smack said:

Beautiful.  It might not have been THAT nice brand new !

What tires did you use ?

Thanks!  I went with Bridgestone Battlax BT45's.  Good tire, reasonably priced, and one of the only ones left in the 16" size we need up front.

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, tomk1960 said:

Thanks!  I went with Bridgestone Battlax BT45's.  Good tire, reasonably priced, and one of the only ones left in the 16" size we need up front.

Solid choice, they are very good.  I must say I am very happy with some ContiGo! I installed on one of my VF1000R too.  Available in 80's era sizes too.

Archived