Aftermarket/Custom seats

• Member Contributer

I've had my 2014 VFR800 for four years now and I think its time for a better seat. Problem is I can't find any aftermarket besides Corbin and I don't care for the design of their model. Sargent and Saddelmen don't make one for the 8th gen VFR.

What have you all done for custom or aftermarket? I've heard first hand that Seth Laam is good. I have a local guy but he's booked out through the summer (and I don't plan ahead well).

• Member Contributer

I had my seat reupholstered, the padding changed and the thickness of padding increased by a UK company, Elite Custom Seats http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html

I found after 25,000 miles of the rough roads around here the padding had compressed so the cover could be pressed down over an inch before any padding 

Its not a difficult job at all, I always did my own previously and would have done this but needed the padding professionally sorted and it was worth the £140 including £20 shipping 

• Member Contributer

22 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

I had my seat reupholstered, the padding changed and the thickness of padding increased by a UK company, Elite Custom Seats http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html

I found after 25,000 miles of the rough roads around here the padding had compressed so the cover could be pressed down over an inch before any padding 

Its not a difficult job at all, I always did my own previously and would have done this but needed the padding professionally sorted and it was worth the £140 including £20 shipping 

Any chance of a photo.

• Member Contributer

Sargent built mine, you have to send them your seat pans, I had them do a heated seat for the rider section with better foams front n rear. The heat works great and the black section on the left mid fairing is a great spot to mount the controller IMO, the seat is a little better than stock but not what I would say comfy, I put my Airhawk on when doing longer trips and am good to go. :fing02:

IMG_5933_zpsbhxzlk0m.jpg

IMG_5929_zpsu0g025tu.jpg

IMG_6159_zpsbqvqk5ac.jpg

IMG_6158_zpskdjv8cy9.jpg

IMG_6104_zpszqfmuuih.jpg

IMG_6542_zpse4pb1qy2.jpg

IMG_6754_zps5sj4kohk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 5/3/2020 at 8:30 PM, Philois1984 said:

Any chance of a photo.

Apologies for the delay, first time out since early March 

246AB7EC-FCD3-4349-AF27-48CFC838D81A.jpeg

On 5/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, VifferJ said:

Sargent built mine, you have to send them your seat pans, I had them do a heated seat for the rider section with better foams front n rear. The heat works great and the black section on the left mid fairing is a great spot to mount the controller IMO, the seat is a little better than stock but not what I would say comfy, I put my Airhawk on when doing longer trips and am good to go. :fing02:

IMG_5933_zpsbhxzlk0m.jpg

IMG_5929_zpsu0g025tu.jpg

IMG_6159_zpsbqvqk5ac.jpg

IMG_6158_zpskdjv8cy9.jpg

IMG_6104_zpszqfmuuih.jpg

IMG_6754_zps5sj4kohk.jpg

That is ONE geared up machine VifferJ!  Nice work!  Curious if that's a Honda factory trunk?  Love the slick seat heat controls (did they come with the seat?) Also curious what that control unit is near the upper right grip.

• Member Contributer
On 5/3/2020 at 8:22 PM, VifferJ said:

IMG_6754_zps5sj4kohk.jpg

That looks like OR242 out of Sisters.  Love that road.  Is that a recent pic?

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Goldcrown44 said:

That is ONE geared up machine VifferJ!  Nice work!  Curious if that's a Honda factory trunk?  Love the slick seat heat controls (did they come with the seat?) Also curious what that control unit is near the upper right grip.

Thanks! Yes that's the larger Honda trunk, had to order it from Europe. Yes the heat controls came with the Sargent seat build, the other knobs next to the heat control are for adjusting heated gear up or down during the colder months of riding, the heated gear inputs are those 2 black ports you see on the left side under the seat.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Cogswell said:

That looks like OR242 out of Sisters.  Love that road.  Is that a recent pic?

Yessir, you are correct, great roads up around there indeed! I think that was year before last, we starting having a rally there every summer a couple years back, this years it's canceled due to Covid, ugh. 😞

Archived