2004 suspension

WDM

Greetings fellow VFR folks, I'm looking to buy my 2nd VFR (2004) ($4500-53,000kms)and wonder if anyone knows of a drop link so I can lower the rear end to accomodate my short(ish) legs.

My FZ07 also has a 31.7" seat height but because of the increased weight of the VFR I'd like to lower it as much as possible.

And: is it recommended to drop the front forks by 1" in conjunction with the rear..?

thanks, WdM

• Member Contributer

Hey WDM, 

Whenever lowering a bike it is always good practice to lower front and back equally. This way the steering geometry and handling of the bike doesn't get impacted negatively.

Here is an ebay link to a rear  adjustable lowering link. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-tek-Honda-VFR800A-Intercept-Lowering-Link-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009/282506550470?hash=item41c6b3dcc6:g:LOQAAOSwaB5XmRIS&vxp=mtr

Keep in mind that when lowering the VFR, the kickstand will become too long. You will either need to cut and weld the existing kick stand ( i have done this on a friends VFR and it works amazingly.

OR  you can use an adjustable kick stand like this https://www.ebay.ca/itm/VFR-800-Interceptor-02-20-Adjustable-Kickstand-Side-Stand/184167217962?hash=item2ae138bb2a:g:GcwAAOSwh6Vbkez3&vxp=mtr.

If you have the capability to cut and weld or know someone who does, Id recommend buying a used kickstand off of ebay and modifying it. it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than the aluminum kickstand

i have the whole kit for sale.  custom lowering link 1 inch drop rear a solid piece no hemi  joints one kickstand cut down and, bar end riser adapters 1 inch thick so your bar are at the stock height and so you can also drop your fork in order to maintain the geometry. great kit my ex girlfriend used on her vfr.  originally manufactured by sigma cycle.  i even have all directions with pictures.

thanks TriumphTraitor for the info. The lowering link seems like the right I idea + front end adjustment should work. I'll have a couple inches added to my boots as well so I need less done to the geometry of the bike. I know a welder so altering a second kickstand is good advise...thanks. I'm also thinking about clip-on risers to pull the bars back a bit, I never did these mods on my '95 VFR and sure wish I had, I'd likely have kept it had I done these things.

I test rode the '04 today for the first time and it sure felt Good, I'm sure I'll need some adjustments so I appreciate the input and sharing.

cheers 

Archived