Akrapovic - Baffle In or Baffle Out?

signal

Afaik, there are different versions of the slip on for the VFR. 

Genuine honda part O8F88-MJM-900 has the baffle fixed in place via a tack weld so that it can't be removed, easily. 

If you buy the Akrapovic as an aftermarket slip on, the baffle has a small 10mm bolt that can be undone and the baffle removed. 

The bolt to remove the baffle is in the end of the muffler, right next to the outlet on the left hand side on the inner wall of the tear drop shaped recess.

Once you have removed the bolt, it's a tight fit and a bit hard to get out. I find it best if you push the outlet up/down and wiggle it out a bit at a time. 

It's not overly loud with it out, but gives the Vee four an awsome note.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Audible said:

Afaik, there are different versions of the slip on for the VFR. 

Genuine honda part O8F88-MJM-900 has the baffle fixed in place via a tack weld so that it can't be removed, easily. 

If you buy the Akrapovic as an aftermarket slip on, the baffle has a small 10mm bolt that can be undone and the baffle removed. 

I believe the reason is that a genuine or factory fitted part must comply with current regs (ie you can't remove the baffle) whereas aftermarket items may be fitted to earlier model bikes which don't have to comply with more modern regs so they can have a removeable baffle.

I think. 

Archived