Adjusting idle with Idle adjustmnet screw: 07 RWB

VFR80025th

I want to adjust my idle, noticed it s a tad high 1400 rpm.

I've tried to gently turn the screw knob but it doesn't want to turn but I do not want to turn it too much and

feel I might break it. Maybe I'm not turning hard enough.

To be sure:

You turn the whole knob not the phillips screw head correct?

I have been gentle with it when I've tried to turn the knob.

Any advise on exactly how to do it.

Thxs

Ride safe

You can adjust using the screw that holds the knob on.

I bet it hasn't been messed with in a while and probably needs that initial pop and she will turn

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

No problem using a screw driver to adjust it - makes the process much easier IMO. The knob is attached to a flexible spring that winds its way to the threaded boss on the throttle bodies. 

There will be some "springiness" and as @jstehman mentioned it may need an initial pop to break free if it hasn't been adjusted in a while.

If you have a chance it might be a wise idea to lubricate the threads on the boss on the throttle bodies. this wont have any negative effects as the screw is also tensioned by another spring to prevent it from moving once set.

• Member Contributer

Those can be a minor PITA - mine got harder and harder to turn over time.  Since I had the throttle body off recently, I took the opportunity to lube the business end of it at the wax unit.  It's flexible cable that twists and turns up under the throttle body, thus the "springy" feeling.  I'm not a fan of the holder the knob rides in, so I bent it out slightly and opened up the C shaped bale the cable is fixed in just enough so that I can pop it out.  That allows me to use both hands on it and turn the knob, then when finished just pop it back in to place until next time.  Lets me get more leverage and a better angle on it. 

• Member Contributer

Just y'day I adjusted that "wire" bendy bracket that the knob hooks into. I don't know if it's supposed to be bent but mine was and it was impossible to get  my fingers onto the adjuster as it was tucked in beside the fairing. 

Now that "wire" is straight and the knob is easily accessible and adjustable. 

Ymmv

Archived