Clutch issue

Nate87

Ok so I took and had my clutch master cylinder and lever switched out. Due to no clutch pressure air being in the line. 
well that night I notice the fluids a lil low. Two days later I go to ride look and notice my resivor is low almost dry. So now like I’m at a loss of where to look any ideas or help would be appreciated. 

DEC65D8C-C163-48DD-8BD0-690F59B50C53.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Assuming the fluid hasn't drained out at the master or hose connection, the only place for it to go is the slave cylinder on the engine. It is pretty common for these to fail if the piston gets some corrosion. Pretty easy job to disassemble, clean and fit new seals.

Can anyone tell me where the hell I can actually get the slave cylinder cause most sites r jerks and won’t actually tell me if it fits or not. 
partzilla to be one 

5 hours ago, Nate87 said:

Can anyone tell me where the hell I can actually get the slave cylinder cause most sites r jerks and won’t actually tell me if it fits or not. 
partzilla to be one 

OEM or Aftermarket   ?   

• Member Contributer

Check to see if you have a slave issue or not before spending bucks.... have you refilled the reservoir since and it held the level?  Could have been air travelled up the line into the reservoir, but your initial problem sounds like the system was empty and you didn't get the master cylinder primed... loosen the banjo bolt at the clutch master to "bleed" it there first so it will start to pump fluid.  You can also take a syringe and reverse bleed by putting fluid in at the slave bleeder until the reservoir up top is part full.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Nate87 said:

partzilla to be one 

This shouldn't be that hard to find. I did my 92 a couple years ago with an aftermarket rebuild kit from K&L I think. It worked fine. It's a pretty basic kit. Just a couple seals and a spring. About $20 through Amazon.

At the time you could no longer buy these little rebuild kits from the Honda dealer. But the OEM seals may have been individually available. And you could still buy the entire OEM slave unit assembly. It wasn't outrageously expensive. Around $75 if I recall correctly.

Others in here may have more current information.

On my bike, the problem was pretty obvious. You could find the clutch fluid dripping on the kickstand. 

• Member Contributer

Here. I found these in my box of stuff.

These are the oem honda parts for a 1992. I think. You have to check for your bike.

IMG_4384.jpg.faafc7c3c5a606bf2f7f90ab2a1b7cb0.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg.a1f140982d2b5e275c65a452eed7f93c.jpg

And I'm pretty sure this is the K&L kit I got at Amazon. It's been working just fine. Again, check the numbers for your bike. Good luck.

IMG_4386.jpg.1cef83b402b683a7d7144f590ac82414.jpg

• Member Contributer

I just replaced the seals in my clutch slave, 2002 model.  Bought the replacement seals from local Honda dealer,  individually... maybe $20 total for the 2 seals?  Didnt swap out the spring or piston, cleaned up the slave, installed the seals, back on the bike, bled and good to go.

Archived