8th Gen Shock Options

lazyeye

• Member Contributer

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious what shock options there are for the 8th gen. Searching around I see one Gentleman on this forum that installed a Penske, on eBay I see there's a brand called "YSS", and then there's the somewhat overpriced Ohlins/KTech options. Has anyone (in the US) gone with a rebuild on a DLX shock? What about compatibility with other Honda shocks that simply isn't listed on the official parts list? What's your experience?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious what shock options there are for the 8th gen. Searching around I see one Gentleman on this forum that installed a Penske, on eBay I see there's a brand called "YSS", and then there's the somewhat overpriced Ohlins/KTech options. Has anyone (in the US) gone with a rebuild on a DLX shock? What about compatibility with other Honda shocks that simply isn't listed on the official parts list? What's your experience?

Thanks.

I'm very interested in a K-Tech rear shock, I ride with a passenger and don't have the DLX model so adjusting the preload is virtually impossible between rides. A nice shock with a remote adjuster (preferably that could bolt to where the DLX adjuster is) would be perfect.

Archived