Sold My Bike Buying Another one

sllik

• Member Contributer

Hello guys!

Like i said in the title last year i sold my bike for 7500 CAD$ The Bike had almost 25 000 km. i was so sad selling my baby because of a back injury related to work. After selling my bike i decided to take the year off and went travelling with my wife ( Europe & North Africa) we were both very sad about selling the bike 😞 But now I FOUND another one here in Montreal and the owner is a lady! The bike have 17 000 km and i negotiated the price down to 7300 CAD$ and made a deposit. The bike come with Hard bags and heated grips 😄  i still have back pain but i just can't stop riding...The bike i found is B&W and i told myself only if i find this colour then i will buy it.

The first picture was my first love that i sold and the others are the one i am buying. Please tell me i am doing the right thing i am kinda confused here. i am feeling guilty about spending money. Do you think its a good deal?

PS: My wife love riding in the back seat and she is pushing me to make the purchase.

sllik.jpg

$_59.JPG

$_591.JPG

$_5911.JPG

• Member Contributer

If I may,  could I please make sure I have this straight . . . your wife is urging you to spend money on a motorcycle, yes?  :blink:  First of all,  if correct your wife is the catch of the century - maybe of all time - a unicorn for the rest of us.  This is the first instance I've heard of that happening.   Secondly, if you're not sure you want the B&W, please send that one my way - they were not sold here so never see them.   That looks really sharp - black bags are a great match for it.   If the top case is blue as it appears,  I might try to negotiate a bit off the price for that and have it re-sprayed to match.   Those bikes look almost as good as the 93 in white.   I say go for it!    :fing02:

edit:

It just occurred to me - if that topcase is from a RW&B model, there are probably owners that would cut off their pinky finger for it.  AFAIK the generic black topcase is still available - you could probably sell the RWB one to an owner that would be thrilled to have it and maybe even get the black one for less money. 

• Member Contributer

Less kilometres, $200 cheaper, with hard bags and heated grips, and your wife is saying do it ( cogswell just beat me to it as I write) seems like a no brainer to me. Bike looks fantastic.

• Member Contributer
45 minutes ago, Cheburashka said:

I have a tricolor VFR but I wish I had the white one. White looks the best on a VFR.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply i do like the triple colour but so far B&W is my favorite.

41 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

If I may,  could I please make sure I have this straight . . . your wife is urging you to spend money on a motorcycle, yes?  :blink:  First of all,  if correct your wife is the catch of the century - maybe of all time - a unicorn for the rest of us.  This is the first instance I've heard of that happening.   Secondly, if you're not sure you want the B&W, please send that one my way - they were not sold here so never see them.   That looks really sharp - black bags are a great match for it.   If the top case is blue as it appears,  I might try to negotiate a bit off the price for that and have it re-sprayed to match.   Those bikes look almost as good as the 93 in white.   I say go for it!    :fing02:

edit:

It just occurred to me - if that topcase is from a RW&B model, there are probably owners that would cut off their pinky finger for it.  AFAIK the generic black topcase is still available - you could probably sell the RWB one to an owner that would be thrilled to have it and maybe even get the black one for less money. 

Hey Cogswell yeah i got pretty lucky with the wife lol the thing is she got car sick all the time but not on a bike...so the trick is the find a girl that gets car sick i guess 😛 For the top case it appears the be blue on the pic but its black 😞 i mean it matches the rest of the bags i am not complaining here but i might end up selling it anyway ill just keep the side bags. Thanks for the Advice much appreciated!

37 minutes ago, Philois1984 said:

Less kilometres, $200 cheaper, with hard bags and heated grips, and your wife is saying do it ( cogswell just beat me to it as I write) seems like a no brainer to me. Bike looks fantastic.

SOLD! haha lets be serious here you guys convinced me to be honest what did i think asking people in a VFR Forum if i should buy a VFR right? Thanks for the suggestions guys! i will post some pictures once i get the bike and give her some love.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, jstehman said:

I love the B&W color scheme!

Almost as much as the RWB Anniversary.. emoji6.png

To be honest these two are my favorite colors!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice machine!    As far as back pain I found this really nice handlebar kit on web bike Japan.     

21B19D1C-CAA2-415F-B8B2-6A33BAD8CDC9.jpeg

Archived