VFR World

• Member Contributer

just wondering if I am the only person that uses this website (probably not) but I have not been able to post anything on it recently as I keep getting a message that 'I have not been able to receive emails and to change details', I also keep being told that I do not 'have enough privileges' to be able to post anything, anyone have any ideas as I have re entered my email address a few times and no difference and also emailed the forum to ask what is the problem but not had a ny replies to my query, thanks

• Member Contributer

I had the exact same problem.   I kept trying to send myself the re-activation email and I wouldn't receive anything.  Change my email to a different Hotmail/Live account still nothing.  Also not going to Junk.  Changed it to my Gmail account, email sent and received and activated.  No idea why it didn't like either of my Microsoft accounts

• Member Contributer

thanks for the replies, only have one  email account at the moment, will persevere for a while, it is strange as it shows that I am an 'insider' and how many posts etc I have

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, jstehman said:

VFRdiscussion is the new VFRworld

Afaik

But it seems it is still active somewhat

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I frequent both sites, each has its own personality.... quite a few members here and there are on both sites.......

as stated above, computers at VFRW have gone bonkers and repeatedly crashed my account, making it impossible for me to post or chat.  admins "fixed" my account once, but the problem continues.  very frustrating !!! changing usernames and starting a new account might be the only (temporary) solution to get back in.

the VFRW site is just as useful as VFRD for enthusiasts and slightly more informal.

• Forum CEO

Ahh looks like they are having some server issues...I am no stranger to that.  Gotta constantly upgrade and reinvent it or things stop working.  That is the nature of software now, they licence it by time, if you dont keep up your licence it drops and you cant use it anymore.  ..Buy a new licence and opps this is no longer supported, that is no longer supported, need this new operating system, which needs a new lamp stack linux array, needs more power, needs a faster processor, its a never ending cycle.   Its caught me out a few times with VFRD.  I Hope Michael sorts it out soon.  I dont visit VFRW much..shoot I dont visit here enough and I run the thing.  One thing I know is this covid-19 have reintroduced me to my own creation.  I have logged in more, fixed more issues, and been present in conversation quite a bit since they issued stay at home orders.  I have been working on this site quite a bit this last month.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, HispanicSlammer said:

Ahh looks like they are having some server issues...I am no stranger to that.  Gotta constantly upgrade and reinvent it or things stop working.  That is the nature of software now, they licence it by time, if you dont keep up your licence it drops and you cant use it anymore.  ..Buy a new licence and opps this is no longer supported, that is no longer supported, need this new operating system, which needs a new lamp stack linux array, needs more power, needs a faster processor, its a never ending cycle.   Its caught me out a few times with VFRD.  I Hope Michael sorts it out soon.  I dont visit VFRW much..shoot I dont visit here enough and I run the thing.  One thing I know is this covid-19 have reintroduced me to my own creation.  I have logged in more, fixed more issues, and been present in conversation quite a bit since they issued stay at home orders.  I have been working on this site quite a bit this last month.

And, I for one, appreciate your efforts, HS.  I know we all do.  

And, I for one, appreciate your efforts, HS.  I know we all do.  
Totally!

If I didn't have things to work on or chats to follow, I would go nuts!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

You are a big hero to me HS. Thank's for your effort.

Archived