Silver Solo Seat Cowl

03VFR

Looking for the wisdom of the group. I've had my second VFR for a few a few years now. A Silver 2003. I had wanted to put a solo seat cowl on it from start, but soon found they were discontinued. The other day I saw that they are available for the 2008 in silver, but it shows a different part number. Can anyone confirm that these are actually the same. I'm sure there are a bunch of you group members out there that know the answer to this.

• Member Contributer

If by the same you mean the same color, they are not.  The '08 Sword Silver is much darker than your '03's silver.  Fitment is the same, however.  Outside of coming across the one you want on ebay or similar, you might just get one in whatever color used and get the matching color from Colorite.  They make their paint in spray cans for the DIY'er.  I did a wheel with the base/clear from the cans and it came out great. 

• Member Contributer

^2nd that 

I got a 2nd hander and painted it matt black and ended up with the orange peel look which actually blends in well with the seat texture and the plastic pillion handles 

Thanks for the input folks. Nice lead on the one at 5th Gear Parts. I pulled the trigger on it. New would have been nice, but the bike isn't new either. My Dad already repainted a lot of the drop damage on the bike. Maybe this cowl will get repainted some day, but these days I'd rather ride than work on my bike. Next up Power Commander or maybe Heli Bars. Happy riding, everybody's input was very helpful.

Archived