1st gen HRC parts

superdave

Hi, we are a salvage repair shop in langley British Columbia and just acquired a large amount of 1st gen VFR parts including much HRC power up kit race parts. I am trying to figure out what all the stuff is (info is scarce) so the first question I have is does anyone recognize these performance cams ? they are roller bearing supports, but no visible way to replace the bearings unless the cam comes apart in the middle. Dont appear to be the HRC power up cams, but maybe some factory race ones? Anyone seen any like this before?

P1050658.JPG

Thanks for the response, RC30 cams didn't have the inner roller bearing support, and they had the double anti-backlash gears. theses are definitely some form of race/performance cams. Yes CMSNL has a parts diagram for most of these parts and that has been helpful in identifying much of this stuff. There is also a new HRC piston kit (new), HRC rods (used), HRC close ratio transmission (new), HRC rear shock/linkage (installed but never used), marvic wheels, RC30 front forks/clip ons, HRC calipers and 14 sets of pads, 2 sets of HRC race stators/covers/cdi's and coil, HRC engine covers, custom subframe with race tail section, and custom aluminum tank with quick fill. Unfortunately no clean stock tank, just a dented one, and many loose oem bits. CMSNL has pricing on this stuff but it is way over the top, I think the tranny package was about $6000 euros or something. Trying to figure out a more realistic value, started listing some of it on ebay already

• Member Contributer

There's an RC30 mailing list with some very knowledgeable people on it (not including me).  Not sure how you get on it (I was grandfathered over from when it was hosted by Yahoo!), but the address is HRCV4@groups.io  Your questions will be answered there.

Ciao,

JZH

thanks! found a guy (who just bought the rods) who knows it all, say the piston kit, cams and some other bits are for a NW6 factory race engine. He is building one but says there is only one other in existence in some museum. The triples holding the RC30 forks and the rotors on the Marvic wheel are also NW6. with a bunch of the other stuff being the NF1 power up kit parts. Quite a treasure trove

• Member Contributer

You can always send a message over to Iconic Motorbikes. They would have the clientele who would be looking for these parts.

Archived