SEBSPEED 5/6th Gen Center Stand Stop

jkboyd

• Member Contributer

Hello All

I PMed SEBSPEED concerning a center stand stop, and he said that he would like to have a group buy.  So if you are interested in one, post here so we'll put together a group order. 

Thanks,

Kevin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

If it’ll help get these going put me on the list. I’m sure one day someone will be looking for one and viola, I may just have one I can offer up.

D

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

If it’ll help get these going put me on the list. I’m sure one day someone will be looking for one and viola, I may just have one I can offer up.

D

I'm with you, Man!

I'll take one too... I think I'm going to need it in the near future 

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, MrSquiggle said:

Good initiative. What's the price going to be?

Thanks!

Let me double check with SEBSPEED on the price.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, SEBSPEED said:

Hi all, I can do them for $50 each shipped in the lower 48.  $10 discount on a pair - if we hit (10) I can drop the price to $45 each and a pair would be $80

Count me in!

On 4/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, MrSquiggle said:

Do you have them ready to go @SEBSPEED or do they need to be fabricated? I've just paid for a set of headers & it would be nice to get the centre stand stop in the box before it left the US.

Lead time 2-3wks from when we reach saturation on a list of buyers. Shipping to Oz on 1-2 runs about $20usd. $50/ea price includes $8 shipping cost, so your cost would be $62 for 1 unit to Oz. 

• Member Contributer

Looks like we are getting there, so far we have:

1. Me for 2 each

2. Duc2V4 for 1 each

3. Rush2112 for 1 each

4. Cogswell for 1 maybe 2 each

5. MrSquggle for 1 each

• Member Contributer

Sorry to be dense, but beyond the thread title  I can't recall seeing if it's definitely confirmed that these will be designed to work on 5th gens.  Want to be sure before diving in.

Thanks

On 4/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, MrSquiggle said:

@jkboyd I’ve checked with my fellow Aussies & they’re not interested.
Are you waiting to hit a minimum order for @SEBSPEED or are you looking to close out & get going after a certain time?

Not getting impatient, well maybe a little bit........

No minimum order, just want to run as efficiently as possible 

Let's say last call end of this week?

On 4/16/2020 at 9:18 PM, Cogswell said:

Sorry to be dense, but beyond the thread title  I can't recall seeing if it's definitely confirmed that these will be designed to work on 5th gens.  Want to be sure before diving in.

Thanks

I can definitely confirm that these will NOT bolt right up to a 5th gen. 

It looks like half the battle is the shape of the cushion, and the other half the method of attachment. 

I *think* the 6th gen bolt that these attach to, which is not present on the 5th gen, could be added to the 5th gen by R&R the left cstand bolt with a 6th gen bolt. I have not had time to confirm this.

As for the shape of the cushion, the current stop design pushes against a section that does not exist on the 5th. But, the stop could be modified to engage the 5th cushion (further inboard) by adding a block or even maybe a simple bolt to reach inboard and engage the 5th gen cushion.

That's what I could gather in a few minutes of looking at both, as mentioned earlier both 5th gens I have here do not have centerstands, so I'm stuck eyeballing. My shop is full and the bikes are in pieces, it's not ideal for developing parts 

• Member Contributer
On 4/19/2020 at 9:23 PM, SEBSPEED said:

I can definitely confirm that these will NOT bolt right up to a 5th gen. 

It looks like half the battle is the shape of the cushion, and the other half the method of attachment. 

I *think* the 6th gen bolt that these attach to, which is not present on the 5th gen, could be added to the 5th gen by R&R the left cstand bolt with a 6th gen bolt. I have not had time to confirm this.

As for the shape of the cushion, the current stop design pushes against a section that does not exist on the 5th. But, the stop could be modified to engage the 5th cushion (further inboard) by adding a block or even maybe a simple bolt to reach inboard and engage the 5th gen cushion.

That's what I could gather in a few minutes of looking at both, as mentioned earlier both 5th gens I have here do not have centerstands, so I'm stuck eyeballing. My shop is full and the bikes are in pieces, it's not ideal for developing parts 

Here's a closeup of the 5th gen setup with centerstand. 

1534374113_5thgenCS.thumb.jpg.1d9c12b570cef4a54c99c2f0f7bd6877.jpg

• Member Contributer

Let me reach out to my friend Robert. He as a 5 Gen and his had that left side center stand stop. I thought I had taken pictures and posted them up in a different thread. If I can find the photos I'll post them here, if not I'll see if Robert can get new photos for me.

• Member Contributer

If this would fit a 5th Gen, I'd probably be in for one. My center stand doesn't contact my two brothers exhaust in the correct place.

• Member Contributer

I found the pictures I took of my friends CCS on his 2001. He said he got this from the manufacturer of his exhaust. They supplied the mid-pipe, can and the CCS. It appears to use the CC mounting bolt, I hope these are useful...

IMG_4753.thumb.jpeg.5183dff99efbe519f3b218789662c54f.jpeg

IMG_4754.thumb.jpeg.644edac4c51c4df47bf1b64c19f8107e.jpeg

5 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

I found the pictures I took of my friends CCS on his 2001. He said he got this from the manufacturer of his exhaust. They supplied the mid-pipe, can and the CCS. It appears to use the CC mounting bolt, I hope these are useful...

IMG_4753.thumb.jpeg.5183dff99efbe519f3b218789662c54f.jpeg

This right here is extremely useful. It lets me see that the planar surface the CS bolt torques down on, is coincident with the leftmost edge of the 5th gen cushion. I can use this info to modify the 6th gen design for 5th gen use. Based on p/n's in my notes below, the 6th gen bolt can replace the 5th gen bolt. Changing the bolt will allow fit of my stop to the 5th gen bike. I'll need to add a block at the front of my stop to engage the 5th gen cushion, or perhaps a bolt with nylon nuts could be used in place of that extra bit... I'll have a think on that. I will also need to include an extra bolt and washer to hold the stop on the 6th gen bolt, as in the 6th gen configuration, the fairing and fairing bolt retain the stop. I could probably source the bolts locally and include them, or everyone could buy their own. Suffice it to say, the cost of the 5th gen stop will be slightly higher than the 6th gen part. 

5th gen 

BOLT, FLANGE (10X50)
90106-KBG-000 

6th gen

BOLT, SPECIAL (10X47)
90130-MCW-D00

• Member Contributer
On 4/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, SEBSPEED said:

No minimum order, just want to run as efficiently as possible 

Let's say last call end of this week?

Are we still having last call this week,  or is maybe Duc's 5th gen design figuring in to this before that  happens?

• Member Contributer

If it helps, put me down for one 5 Gen and one 6 Gen.

12 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Are we still having last call this week,  or is maybe Duc's 5th gen design figuring in to this before that  happens?

I can adapt my design to work for the 5th gen. I need to work out pricing over the 6th gen version for the extra hardware to make a complete kit. 

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

If it helps, put me down for one 5 Gen and one 6 Gen.

I with you, put me down for one of each

Archived