How do you have your pillion configured?

signal

How is your Pillion configured?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How is your pillion configured?

• Seat and Grab Handles
    • Seat and Covers
    • Cowl and Grab Handles
    • Cowl and Covers

A quick poll to see how most of you have your pillion setup.  I would think Seat and Grab Handles or Cowl and Covers is very common........but I could see people that run the Cowl with Grab Handles just so they can switch it up super quick if needed.  I don't ride a passenger myself, so I am thinking of removing my grab handles and putting the covers on (with the cowl) for a super clean look.  By "covers", I mean the cover plates which cover the void when you remove the grab handles.

• Member Contributer

Have the pillion handles and cowl fitted. Find the pillion handles are ideal for hanging my helmet on, and the handles are great when man handling the bike in the garage etc. I occasionally fit the pillion seat when going on a long trip as I  can then attach my Kriega US-20 bag to it. As always YMMV.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, signal said:

So you just have voids/holes where the grab handles would normally attach?

No...I have the little fill in plates/covers mounted in there.  No pillion cover or grab handles in use.

This thread has made me realise my bike is all wrong with the cowl, grab handles and rear pegs.

Need to get me some grab handle covers and remove the rear pegs 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning! My first post on this forum and glad to be here!  I'm not new to VFR's, but haven't owned one for nearly 15 years!  My wife would say it's my "mid-life crisis" vehicle, and it IS cheaper than a Porsche, so... back on topic... can anyone tell me if the 2014 (non-deluxe) model is supposed to be equipped with grab bars and a seat cowl?  Or were those strictly options for 2014?  I'm trying to figure out if the previous owner neglected to provide them to the dealership before I bought the flawless pearl-white gem in my profile pic this past Saturday.  Can anyone provide the best place/link to source these parts?

EDIT:  Did some digging I should have done earlier and saw the post from September 2019 asking nearly identical question on whether the bike should have come with the aforementioned items, but I'm still wanting to know peeps' favorite source for best prices on such items.

• Member Contributer

I removed the pillion pegs+holders completely from my 4th gen.

Took my wife 2+ years to notice....  :goofy:

Archived