Oh so tempting

• Member Contributer

This very low mileage tri colour 6th gen is for sale in Western Australia for $7990, looks in fantastic condition. Oh so tempting.

C8EB5DEE-BFF0-41BF-86B7-1B9C94DF81D6.png

C27079CF-428E-4274-A6DE-666A7E8E797D.png

8B067551-179A-4407-9A2F-B442FC7F2873.png

6B37408A-040B-4A74-9946-F6F0447E43A8.png

EB6A5E1A-DC21-45E1-9320-9F0A6AB56CBA.png

• Member Contributer

Gorgeous!  Is $7990 a good price in Australia for a used bike like the VFR?  That's the equivalent of $4953 US, about what I see prime condition (and some less than prime) for Gen 6 VFR's.

• Member Contributer

That's the first bike I've ever seen where the rim strips actually improve the look. 

Hmmm... Looks like a really clean example for <$5k USD. I think the bike is mechanically worth it. I’d be really happy if I got that bike for $4500. But, the VFR market is so weird. 

I’ve seen 8th gen deluxe with <2k miles for $7k USD not sell for weeks, and one with 50k miles for $3900 with the full complement of factory hard cases.

There are stories of people buying brand new 8th gen bikes off the showroom floor for not much more than $8k USD.

No one wants VFRs. 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Calculon said:

Gorgeous!  Is $7990 a good price in Australia for a used bike like the VFR?  That's the equivalent of $4953 US, about what I see prime condition (and some less than prime) for Gen 6 VFR's.

I think it is at the top end of the price range, but for such a low mileage bike in what appears to be pristine condition it is to me anyway a good buy. I am sure if it has been looked after this well it would also be good mechanically. Perth is nearly 5000km from home so it would be another $600 to $700 at least to get it transported to Townsville. I would genuinely like to have it but can’t justify spending $8600 on it when I have a 8th gen sitting in the the garage. It is a shame as it will become harder and harder to get older VFR’s in this condition with low miles.

• Member Contributer

Hi Phil.

Can see why your tempted. It does look very nice and I agree with TheLimey, the wheel stripping suites it beautifully.

There is some scuffing on the front fender shown in the other photos. As some form of guide I sold my Sword Silver 2009 model with 93,000k's with a few accessories thrown in for $6,400 back in August of 2014. Interesting I had exactly the same Staintunes on my RWB they seem to have changed the riser pipe to a split pipe rather than the one single pipe that was on mine.

With 17,000k's on the clock its probably only had two main services, you'd hope brake and clutch fluid has at least been changed as well. If you have a chat to the dealership get them to check the service records, make sure two keys come with it, ask them to have a very close look at it and report back on any other marks/scratches, photos just don't show these. I'm sure if you were serious about the bike you could always knock them down, you have a good argument regards getting it back to Townsville as a price dropper. Think of a price you'd be happy to pay for it and just hit them with it, you've got nothing to loose.

Best of Luck.

Cheers.:fing02:  

VFRstaintunes 005.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks Grum as much as it is calling to me I will be letting it go. As I said I just can’t justify having two very similar bikes, and I have nowhere to keep it unless one of the cars gets kicked out of the garage. Also I am hooked on skiing and try to go twice a year, Japan in Feb and New Zealand in Aug, which gets expensive. Probably no New Zealand this year but luckily we squeezed Japan in. The problem with isolation is you get bored and spend two much time surfing the internet looking at all the things you can’t afford. I only posted it as it was one of the most pristine I had seen for sale. Hope you are not too badly effected by the corona virus, stay safe.

Archived