music suggestions.. for shop time..

• Member Contributer

Got my head drilled and skull ground and shaved and implant installed..

now.....:musik20: 

holy crap! 30 years of music to catch up on...

S000000000000000....

who has some music suggestions  i MUST give a listen to?

i have ALL of QUEEN. SOHO DOLLS , TING TINGS .. listened them all a few houndred times each.. to the point if its playing i can you whats being sung.(most of the time)

working on the foo fighters, DIE ANTWOORD , the eagles.. Gorillaz and of course Prince..

i almost forgot..BATMETAL!!

• Member Contributer

I'd think that your implant would be sophisticated enough to suggest a playlist, but, if you're talking shop time I'd suggest any complete BNL live performance, Scarlet/Fire, all of Brothers in Arms, Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley, then Spirit of Radio.

• Member Contributer

Hahaha, that was pretty good stuff. I grew up a metal head, but that genre is almost dead now. If you want some obscure METAL, and similar you need to get away from the commercial stuff...I helped out a friend hanging signs when work was slow back in 2008, and some kids worked for him were in a band called Mammatus, and I told him the music I liked was no longer made. He gave me some of their CD's and it was like Pink Floyd/Zeppelin/Ozzy all mixed into one. I started listening to obscure stuff and if you let you-tube play in the background some really good stuff comes up! Here are a few of my favorites since all the rock bands I grew up with are no more....except Ozzy

Enjoy!

STONEHEAD

The End

Men of Retribution

Mama Always Told Me

The Last Drink

NIGHTSTALKER

Sweet Knife

Children of the Sun

Use

This Is U

Half Face of God

WINDHAND

Forest Clouds

Two Urns

Orchard

Woodbine

THC (TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION)

Turn It Up

Dirty Finger

Moonshine

APOCOLYPSE ORCHESTRA

The Garden of Earthly Delights

These three have really good female vocalists in metal bands....

IGNEA

Alga

DEVILSKIN

Never See The Light

Little Pills

Revolution

ELEINE

Enemies

Also check out these bands:

A Pale Horse Named Death

Acid King

Blind Dog

Borracho

Earthless

Earthride

Eternal Elysium

The Egocentrics

Egypt

The Machine

Mammatus

Mexicoma

Mezzanine

Mountainwolf

The Re-Stoned

Samsara Blues Experiment

Savanah - ("Deep Shades" album, and "The Healer" are the type you can just play the whole album)

Slaprocket

Solace

Somali Yacht Club

Sons of Otis

Stoned Jesus

The Sword

Truckfighters

White Hills

Witch

Zed

• Member Contributer

My fav Foo Fighters tune is Learn to Fly,  tho I'm not as crazy about the vid. 

Some of the sweetest music in the world is the GDC whine from any gen up through 5th.  My prescription is to get on one as much as possible and just soak it in.  :fing02:

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Some of the sweetest music in the world is the GDC whine from any gen up through 5th.  My prescription is to get on one as much as possible and just soak it in.  :fing02:

THATS RIGHT!!! :musik20::wheel:

• Member Contributer

If you get a DAB+ Radio you can pick a genre or tune in to any radio station around the world. 

The choices are endless for whatever you like or want to listen to now😀

And I think you can listen to podcasts, if people chatting about dribble is ur thing

• Member Contributer

I have a modest home theater receiver in the shop, two 12" subwoofers (it's a big space)... picked up a Yamaha CD-600 5 disk changer that has a USB input... load up the USB with 1000 tunes and it plays them through, randomly by band... no way to change the algorithm that I know of.  I collect music via my local library, rip the CD's, my USB is an ever evolving collection of favourites.... I'm a genre hopper.... heavier metal not so much, FooFighters, absolutely.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, RC1237V said:

Hahaha, that was pretty good stuff. I grew up a metal head, but that genre is almost dead now. If you want some obscure METAL, and similar you need to get away from the commercial stuff...I helped out a friend hanging signs when work was slow back in 2008, and some kids worked for him were in a band called Mammatus, and I told him the music I liked was no longer made. He gave me some of their CD's and it was like Pink Floyd/Zeppelin/Ozzy all mixed into one. I started listening to obscure stuff and if you let you-tube play in the background some really good stuff comes up! Here are a few of my favorites since all the rock bands I grew up with are no more....except Ozzy

Jim, I always knew you were a metal guy, at home and at work!

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Jim, I always knew you were a metal guy, at home and at work!

Always!

Been working insane hours lately as we are making parts for the machines the detect the virus. AND ALL THE TRACK DAYS ARE CANCELLED!!!!

Hope to see you you out there (at the track) later this year, or maybe we can get a nostalgia ride going over the summer. I noticed Brian sold his wheels, and assuming his bike. Also saw Greg's bike on Craigslist...

Stay safe and healthy Noel!

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, RC1237V said:

Hope to see you you out there (at the track) later this year, or maybe we can get a nostalgia ride going over the summer. I noticed Brian sold his wheels, and assuming his bike. Also saw Greg's bike on Craigslist...

Yeah, the more I (selfishly) think about how this summer will play out the more I miss track days! Oh well, at least the PCH is missing all the usual rental mustang convertibles and giant RV's.

Actually I heard from crazybro mid-February that Brian F got a Multistrada. Been meaning to catch up with him.

gll429, I apologize for this temporary hijacking of your thread, but I'm pretty sure you've got something like Texas Hippie Coalition cranked up to 11 right now. 😎

• Member Contributer
On 4/8/2020 at 1:40 PM, St. Stephen said:

Yeah, the more I (selfishly) think about how this summer will play out the more I miss track days! Oh well, at least the PCH is missing all the usual rental mustang convertibles and giant RV's.

Actually I heard from crazybro mid-February that Brian F got a Multistrada. Been meaning to catch up with him.

gll429, I apologize for this temporary hijacking of your thread, but I'm pretty sure you've got something like Texas Hippie Coalition cranked up to 11 right now. 😎

So you DID listen to some of that metal I sent you...

I came home to an empty house yesterday, which is rare now, so I was able to get about 8 songs in at full volume!

Looks like the VFR club has turned into a Multistrada club.....too bad Honda has lost their way, now they answer to the bean-counters in the finance department. Although looking at the new 1000RR-R, maybe their is hope, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Start planning your post-covid19 rides now, and stay safe and healthy!

or this (electronic music so maybe not the best choice), which I suggest for its sound effects. Aphex Twin does have more placid compositions like the one (Stone in focus) that comes up automatically after this one (Come to Daddy). Anyway, this one I take with a grain of salt and tongue in cheek:

• Member Contributer

Enya. 

All of it should last you a while.   She is one of the most talented people on the planet.  Sings in 10 different languages, is beautiful, net worth 140 milliion, so she qualifies as my goddess to spend time with. 

Did I say she is rich and drop dead gorgeous?  She checks all the boxes.  It's a shame she doesn't know me, LOL!  One of the very most talented but not the most well known composer, instrument players, and singers of all time.  Did I say I'm in love with her, LOL! 

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Foo... good choice.

Maybe this:

I like your musical suggestion Auspanglish, but I was immediately drawn to the video. That's Mike Parsons towing into Jaws in 2003 on what was allegedly a 60 foot day, the opening scene of Billabong Odyssey. Love it.

I am always aware of how much riding a motorcycle is like riding a wave. Lean into the turn, scrub your speed, movement in three dimensions, breath the fresh air as the adrenaline pumps. Yeah, pumping Peahi is way out of my league, just like doing a sub-1:30 at Laguna Seca, but, well, wow! And all the better to do it with a great soundtrack. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, Samuelx said:

HOLY CRAP!!!

this stuff was AWESOME!!

the hu .. got me out of a speeding ticket.. told the cop i never got caught up in music like that..  it starts slow and  the next thing i know i am doing 85 in 60 zone..  he laughed and told me to slow down.. and to watch out for that ear to  lead foot connection..

listened to 2 steps from hell whikle rebuilding some carbs.. LOVE IT!!

• Member Contributer
On 4/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, Auspanglish said:

If you're into funk, reggae, , heavy, jazz, ska and more... Mike Patton from Faith No More had a side line.... Mr Bungle...

iu like mr bungles Slowly Growing Deaf too!!:laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

I love this band (Primal Scream), seen them pretty much every tour they've come to the states to tour. This live version is probably my all time favorite song by them at the moment. Musically and lyrically it just centers me...

Archived