Hello from France North America

Frenchman

I, i'm a French guy passionate with Honda and old bikes, i'm 49, i live in the south of France near Montelimar for who's now. I'm sorry for all my english mistakes i do and i will do. Thanks you all very much to accept me in your forum.

I own severals bikes :

- honda 750 four F1 1976

- Moto Guzzi side car jeaniel (french side manufacturer from the 70's) 1978

- Honda 125 mtx 1984 near new with 4000 km

- Honda 800 VFR RC46a 1998

- Honda 1000 africa twin 2018

I have to change my thermostat on my VFR and i'm seeking pictures and manual and tips and advices to do it, i think it's a little "pain in the ..." so here i'm

Thanks again.

Have a good day and a good luke with this virus, friendship  from France to America still strong when we face the same ennemy

IMG_20191022_162301_resized_20200405_032331762.jpg

IMG_20191009_113958_resized_20200405_032523188.jpg

• Member Contributer

Bonjour, Frenchman, from here in Staffordshire in the UK. I have to say that your English is far better than my French!

I have visited Northern France several times on my ‘99 VFR. A great country to ride in. I love it. Can’t wait to return. 
With regard to your thermostat you will find lots of information here. Plus lots of help. Enjoy!

Chris B. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum Frenchman from The Land Of Interesting Weather. That is quite a quiver of mc's you have there. You obviously have great taste in mc's, including the best generation VFR in the fastest color. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Frenchman said:

I have to change my thermostat on my VFR and i'm seeking pictures and manual and tips and advices to do it, i think it's a little "pain in the ..." so here i'm

Thanks again.

Uh oh. Frenchman, you've signed up just at the tail end of a complete thread of the horrors that await you. See the thread from 8200rpm.  Good thing you have lots of choices in your garage. Are you in the Jura? Those hills look like fun... 🙂

Thermostat replacement - hope to never do this again

By 8200rpm, February 19 in Fifth Generation VFR's

• Member Contributer

Bienvenue à VFRD!

Ass, pain in the ASS.... that's the word you didn't know? :goofy:

Remember 1813? :tongue: 🇳🇱

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Gebruiker said:

Are you in the Jura? Those hills look like fun... 🙂

Euh oh....

"South of France"

"Jura?"

Forgive our geografically challenged American.... :goofy:

I am already glad he knows that the Netherlands are NOT part of Germany....

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

"South of France"

"Jura?"

Apologies Frenchman. I skipped over your address at Montelimar. You see you are not alone. Lots of folks in here have trouble with their english. Like me!

• Member Contributer

Very nice bike.  Would like photos of the 750 Four when you have a moment.  Lovely bikes.

Having just done the hose / thermostat replacement,  my input is that it's not as bad as it seems.   Lots of work,  for sure. The final install of the thermostat can be made easier by using soapy water on the hoses - they'll  go on much easier. Honda is so precise that they even engineer the hoses - the necks have a small boss cast in to show how far to push them on,  and a paint dot on the hose to show how to orient it.  Take your time and all will be good. 

48 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Very nice bike.  Would like photos of the 750 Four when you have a moment.  Lovely bikes.

Having just done the hose / thermostat replacement,  my input is that it's not as bad as it seems.   Lots of work,  for sure. The final install of the thermostat can be made easier by using soapy water on the hoses - they'll  go on much easier. Honda is so precise that they even engineer the hoses - the necks have a small boss cast in to show how far to push them on,  and a paint dot on the hose to show how to orient it.  Take your time and all will be good. 

Thank you, it Will be m'y pleasure To sens pictures of my four f1, my first bike by the way

• Member Contributer

Welcome! You have a very nice collection of bikes there!

Thank you all guys.  As promised some pictures of my  750 four f1 . It was my first bike back in the days, it runs and drive pretty much good, 75000 kms, it's not the yellow 'factory' a paint job has been doing ten years ago but I managed to find an original exhaust, old but it do the job. Not a perfect bike, very far from that, but it make me so happy when i ride it.

IMG_20200413_112348_resized_20200413_042500813.jpg

IMG_20200413_112422_resized_20200413_042459711.jpg

IMG_20200413_112330_resized_20200413_042610740.jpg

IMG_20200413_112408_resized_20200413_042610175.jpg

• Member Contributer

Not a perfect bike, very far from that, but it make me so happy when i ride it.

Perfect bikes are like perfect wives..............   

they donot exist....   

but we count our blessings!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the Board, that's a very nice selection of motorcycles you have. 

I drove right by your town a few years back on the A7. I was in a hurry on my bike as my riding buddy from the UK broke down just south of Lyon and eventually had to get towed, which cost me 3 hours. I had to be onboard my boat in Italy by 8 am to stand watch, I made it by 30 minutes. My day had started out at 6 am in Folkstone, England and I didn't get to bed until midnight the next day. It was the longest 42 hours of my life. I need to return at a slower pace as the Massif Central is one of my favorite places to ride.

+1 for the Africa Twin in the stable 👍

Archived