VFR1200F Production Volume

Hi all, anyone happen to know how many of our gorgeous VFR12Fs were made before Honda pulled the plug?

I read that some of the main reasons why Honda stopped making them was because it struggled to meet emissions and noise regulations but I couldn’t help but think low demand (few new sales) wasn’t also a contributing factor. And that got me thinking, how many did they make/sell in the end? How many are still out there? Etc.

For sure it’ll be a few years yet before they’re considered officially ‘rare’ (and prices may then climb) but knowing how plentiful they are might give an indication how soon that might happen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea, but I can count on one hand how many others I’ve seen “in the wild.”

Yeah, same here... rare as hens teeth.

That said my opposite neighbour actually has one
No coincidence though. He had a ‘big bang’ R1 and wanted a sports tourer so he could take his missus on trips away. So after a little word in his shell, he bought one
5yrs on and he hasn’t looked back.

• 2 weeks later...
When Honda did a recall for the driveshaft (for all F and X types between 2010 and 2015), the total number was around 30.000 worldwide. I don't know how many X or F types were involved.

Ooohhh.. that’s an interesting nugget of info. Thx Flanders

Ok so 30k ish including F’s & X’s in 2015. Shame we don’t know what the “split” was between F’s & X’s.

F’s stopped production in 2017, and god knows how many more were sold in the last couple of years.

The plot thickens..

To give you an idea:

3624 F's in the UK

1825 F's in the US

Production of the F stopped in 2013 (although you can find "later" model years)

Production of the X stopped in 2015 (although you can find "later" model years)

To give you an idea:

3624 F's in the UK
1825 F's in the US

Production of the F stopped in 2013 (although you can find "later" model years)
Production of the X stopped in 2015 (although you can find "later" model years)

Thx Flanders

Where were you able to find this info?

Check this out: http://www.webike.id/news/vfr1200fcfr1200x-the-first-large-tourer-model-with-dct-are-no-longer-in-production/

When Honda announced this, the production of the X was already stopped the year before. For the F was this in 2013.

For the record, a chassisnumber is just a stamp and a VIN number is just a plate.

There was clearly an overproduction of both models. Euro 4 killed the stock sale of the F model in Europe, but the F was still on sale in Russia in 2018.

Archived