3rd Gen Rear Hub and Centre Stand Refurb

Whilst in lockdown and can't ride I'm going to crack on with some much needed refurbishment work and cleaning so the Side and Centre Stand is getting a lick of paint, the rear hub is getting a strip down and clean and new chain and sprockets to add as well. I'm on the hunt for new springs for the centre and side stands as my current ones are looking old and rusty however try as I might none of the parts stores in the UK stock replacements. Is there anyone out there who has replaced their springs with a similar component that works. I'm also needing advice on grease to use on the rear hub when reassembling it all and any consumable parts, a new locknut is a must. Im also on the hunt for a torsional spring for my rider foot pegs as they have lost their tension aswell. 

Cheers for all the help

• Member Contributer

Have you tried David Silver spares? They specialize in used and NOS Honda parts. They started out as breakers years ago but have really grown into a pretty large supplier for old Hondas. I worked in England for just under a year in 2015 and bought a 91 VFR and used them a few times for bits and pieces, good guys. I did look on their website and put the part number in for the side stand spring, but no luck. But I think it would be worth a phone call as the parts are so small they may have them, but not in their system. Here's the link.

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/by-part-number/hpart_50541MT4000/

Part numbers

Side stand spring # 50541-MT4-000

Center stand spring # 50525-MY-7000

Foot peg spring right # 50635ML7700

Foot peg spring left # 50645ML7700

Apologies if you have tried them already, if not keep them in mind for the next time. Good Luck.

Cheers FromMaine for the info I’ve given them an email but no success. Dutch the springs are rusty and I think they may be lacking in tension however I’ll clean them up and see what happens 

Archived