New guy from Arizona

RyleeV4

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone! Recently picked up an 02 non abs vfr800. It's my second try at a VFR in my 22 years of riding. I had a 98 new from the dealer and loved the bike. Followed that with 5 years on a naked bike extravaganza that ended on a Buell XB12r. That transitioned me into harley cruisers and I'm glad to say after about a 6 year run I'm back in the sport saddle again. At a little over 62k on the clock shes been rode hard but surprisingly well cared for. 

As the bike currently sits she has a Delkevic full system, PCV programmer, a hand full of CarbonFiberRacing goodies and a Sargent seat. Just installed my Sebspeed windowed clucth cover and Im currently waiting on Sebastian to wrap up my adapters for a set of 929 adjustable rearsets. Sebastion and I have already nailed down the prices for RC51 SP2 custom triple trees for my front end swap and we've been toying with tail swap options but havent settled on anything as of yet. 

I have an 8 spoke from the UK along with a spare front wheel being powdercoated now, along with a few accessory parts. I'll be taking her down soon for paint and cleaning up a few of the "age" blemishes she has. 

I'm in the Phoenix AZ area so I'll be addressing the cooling system since we have 100+ degree temps for the better part of 5 months.I've already installed a Smart-Moto fan switch and will be doing the Fan mod here soon. 

I've just been commuting with her for the last few weeks to get a feel for her. Once I'm comfy in the saddle and I feel my throttle control is clean I'll start enjoying all the canyon runs we have locally. With the 8 spoke coming I'm gonna pick up a spare front wheel so I can have a set of stickier tires for those adventures and still be able to run a more touring style tire for commuting.

I've been lurking since day one of ownership and felt I needed to get on board and introduce myself. My riding background is about a 60/40 mix from sport to cruiser. I had a solid 5 years as a track junkie on a very well built SV 650. My brand range has been from Japanese to British to Italian to American. From touring to street/track to cruiser and full on chopper. Thankfully I'm a little older now, a little more conservative on city streets and hopefully a little wiser. And the best part is I've finally reached that financial point that I can enjoy modifying!

As soon as Im home from work Ill load a few pictures of how she currently sits. 

• Member Contributer

Wow,  you have been busy.  We've had members around forever that have not done that much.  

While I don't live in AZ, I had thought about using the VTR fan.  Before I did I installed a fan over ride switch and found that it worked so well I never did the fan swap.    Mite try that 1st before going further.  

Definitely would like to see pictures when available. 

Sounds like Ryleev4 has his plans buttoned down. Kudos to ya, man. I’ve  got a pretty much stock ‘98. Has helibars, have not installed a highway windscreen yet. And I need to fix the throttle grip heater. I like using it since I’m in the Portland Oregon area. I drove 650 miles round trip to get this vfr in 2015 and I love it.

• Member Contributer

Your .tiff didnot load so here goes

Knipsel.JPG.2fd83e3ed2d6a110fd5f83b7123db6be.JPG

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Archived