Adjustable side stand kick stand?

Hey guys this is my first post after looking around for a while. Do you guys and gals know I’d a 05’ CBR kick stand would fit a 6th gen 04’ VFR? I can’t find many adjustable kick stand / side stand for the 6th gen. CBRs look similar but if someone could verify that would be great! Or if you know of a quality parts seller who has a good deal on one? I’m going to lower my VFR by flipping the triangles and lowering the triple clamps. Some members have said they didn’t need to change out the kick stand since it only lowers it about an inch but to be in the safe side I’m going to get one and the CBRs are way less expensive. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum OldSchoolVFR from The Land Of Interesting Weather. We'd love to see a picture of your machine to prove you are not a figment of our imagination. Good luck with your project. Sorry I cannot answer your question but I'm pretty sure someone will be along to give you some help.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

And +1 on what MaxSwell said:laugh:

But why not wait and SEE if you need the shorter side stand?

But then again, a spare HONDA side stand can always be put to good use....

Knipsel.JPG

Sixth gens lean pretty hard to the left when stock. There is a really good chance you won't need a shorter one. If you do, a good welder would be able to cut and re-weld the existing stand for a lot less money than buying an adjustable. When I lengthened the stand on my CB500x, I got a used one on ebay for $15 and had a friend cut and re-weld the two in order to gain 1.5".

I’m real. Just switched out the fairings for the 07’ RWB look. I kept the front fender red like my old 86’ VFR750f. It bothers me to no end that the red line doesn’t line up perfect but they were Chinese fairing and cheap. You get what you pay for. I’m going to fix it with red vinyl and make it match the 86’ 07’ RWB best I can. Painting the wheels white as soon as weather permits. I don’t want to ride until I figure the triple tree lowering since I already lowered the rear. Prob should have researched before. 

A8F4A639-88C5-4619-8720-B5122AABAEF5.jpeg

F6D23BDB-E6D3-4778-B5EE-74D7F1C71B3B.jpeg

EC3AF38F-865B-4EB4-9AFD-66700AEBBDF6.jpeg

Archived