Vfr 1200f ABS 2011 brake bleeding.

Christopher

Hey Everyone, new to the forum. Having a serious malfunction with my brakes.

I was having issues where my front brakes were dragging making it very difficult to push around, so I decided to strip the front brakes, as the rears were running fine.
Front brakes completely stripped. Pistons out and cleaned, seals out and cleaned. Wheel bearings and discs fine
There was absolutely nothing that caused concerns with the clean just general grime.
Anyway everything is back together and back on the bike, no parts left over. I did everything strictly to the service manual and even measured all parts to make sure they were in line with the correct sizes, pistons back in accordance with the manual.

front master cylinder stripped to check for wear etc etc.

all ports on calipers blown through with an air line.

bleed nipples secured (using Teflon tape as recommended)

Any way I started bleeding the system through the old conventional method and could not get any pressure AT ALL to build up in the front brake, so invested in a vacuum pump, I have pulled through the best part of 1.5 litres of fluid and it appears that I may literally be pulling the fluid from the MC straight out through the bleed nipples, well that what it feels like. 
I have tried raising the front caliper as far as I can with no result, turning the handles and strapping the front level open and leaving over night and still I am getting ZERO compression through the lever
My back brake is fine and is working the linked front brake.

i have ordered a big syringe and am going to try the reverse method, I have also ordered a repair kit for the MC.

three days I have spent trying to do this and now had to walk away to gather my thoughts. 
Has anyone else had any similar problems and rectified the issue and if so how?

Am I missing something obvious?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I notice this thread has gone unanswered.

Can anyone help?

Archived