ABS Light keeps flashing while riding?

So the solid light goes away when I start riding. Then on braking the lever pulses while it is off. And then after a while it starts blinking and pulsing stops indicating ABS is disabled. Seems like the pulsing on braking is some ABS malfunction. Forums report if the battery doesn't have enough CCAs, ABS can malfunction. The new battery is causing this? 

• Member Contributer

No real answer, just speculation... So, I'm not 100% sure what kind of sensor the ABS sensor is (I've never had a problem with it, so I've never needed to know) but I suspect it's a "hall effect" sensor. A hall effect sensor operates on magnetics, meaning that the distance between the sensor and the ring can make a big difference. Personally, I would take it apart, clean everything and make sure the calipers are moving smoothly on their pins. If the rings get stuck off kilter it could give a false reading making the system think you're perpetually spinning a wheel, causing the pulsing on braking and eventually the error. It could also be something that only happens while warm. Hope it helps... It can't hurt to try it. 

Archived