Convertibar risers and stainless brake lines

raYzerman

Question

• Member Contributer

I am about to install a set of Convertibars risers on my 5th Gen, most likely going to order stainless lines..... question is for those who've done it with risers before, do I need to order longer than stock length for the brake/clutch, and if so, how much... 3" longer?  Hoping to do this the lazy way and ask one of you..... I could go do some measuring but was hoping I could get the lines ordered.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I don't know about Convertibars, but I do have a couple of points that might help...

I converted to conventional bars and clamps on my 6th gen and bought hoses that were +4". Turns out that 2" would have been PLENTY, though the extra isn't hurting anything. Just food for thought. I certainly wouldn't go any more than 3" if I were you. 

I bought my hoses through Galfer and it was no issue at all to get the additional length added to the two hoses packaged with their standard VFR set. I emailed them about it and they put together a customized kit. 

• Member Contributer

Thank you, sir!  I had a better look today and going to agree with you 2" is likely enough, I might go 3" and think I can hide the extra length easy enough...... I'm going to look again tomorrow just to convince myself.  I should just put the Convertibars on and be done with it, but I have to do steering head bearings......  cool beans.

Archived