Hard Bags for a '98

JimMoore

• Member Contributer

And then the frame snaps if the fronral impact is severe enough..... 😞

• Member Contributer

I’ve got a full set of Kappa luggage.

My regret was buying the max size side panniers. They restricted filtering immensely. 
the narrower side panniers would have been far better. I still have the max size ones. 

The securing frames however were excellent.

They came as two systems - top box only or all three boxes.

Top-box system is still used. 

• Member Contributer

I agree about the full size side panniers turning a svelte bike into a bit of a fat ass but on a long road trip it's worth the width. I only put the wing rack on for a long trip. Otherwise I use a top case only bracket or a back pack.

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, HughJebolzak said:

I agree about the full size side panniers turning a svelte bike into a bit of a fat ass but on a long road trip it's worth the width. I only put the wing rack on for a long trip. Otherwise I use a top case only bracket or a back pack.

A riding buddy, who's wife is a farmer's daughter, so she ought to know, said my bike with the 41L Givi hardbags from behind looked like the north end of a south-bound cow. So HughJebolzak is right on!.

• Member Contributer

P6220002.jpeg.a7b3665c644262d41daea6d90dac5dbf.jpeg

Here is my VFR, complete with a full set of Kappa luggage, we're on our way to Normandy in France, way back in 2003!!

On 3/10/2020 at 8:00 PM, HughJebolzak said:

I happen to have a Givi Wingrack II for sidecases available if you're interested.

Hi. hey, Sorry, I missed this earlier. I think I'm looking for a top case now.  Actually the entire project is on hold until I see what happens in the next month or two.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2020 at 8:00 PM, HughJebolzak said:

I happen to have a Givi Wingrack II for sidecases available if you're interested

I'm actually in the market for one if you still have it.

Archived