Builder calling the CBR/VFR800

thepretender

Thought this might be of some interest here. 2 episodes and only 1/2 done so you may want to click to edit shorter.

I think this is new but if old news I apologize. 

From the video description

"What started as a StreetFighter Build has quickly evolved into a one of a kind CBR/VFR Hybrid Project namely titled the CBR800-V4. Featuring CBR components from front to back on the VFR chassis to make this machine handle better, look better, be better. Imagine a CBR with the amazing V4 engine. The sound and power delivery is awesome! In this Episode we pull the entire rear wheel assembly and suspension to begin the upgrade process. Swapping out the shock for a CBR unit, new improved braking setup and lots of powder coating to make it look as good as it performs. I'm stoked!" 

• Member Contributer

I watched the 1st installment - Ehh.  Maybe he prefers the body work to the 6th gen - to each their own.  His rendering looks to be Photoshopped - at least he could have included the 6th gen motor in it. 

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

It was painful watching him break that center stand bolt.😀

I'm with you there, I admit I uttered "Moron" a handful of times as he took things apart. Who takes a bike apart with no penetrate oil at hand... header bolts.... totally bugger up the rear axle etc.....no forethought in disassembly... more etc....(Jeez, I wonder how that torque wrench got broken?)

I think the guys work goes in the "avoid" column. 

2 minutes ago, mello dude said:

I'm with you there, I admit I uttered "Moron" a handful of times as he took things apart. Who takes a bike apart with no penetrate oil at hand... header bolts.... totally bugger up the rear axle etc.....no forethought in disassembly... more etc....

I think the guys work goes in the "avoid" column. 

I'll watch for the entertainment. I watch for the mistakes. I also noticed that he is leaving the abs pump but de-linking and has abandoned the rear abs ring when it didn't fit his new sprocket. Wonder how far he'll get before that all changes?  I left him a comment on episode one to make sure and remember that the center stand bolt is left hand thread when he gets to episode four.😁

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure I would want to ride anything this dude put together...

6 hours ago, Sweeper said:

I left him a comment on episode one to make sure and remember that the center stand bolt is left hand thread when he gets to episode four.😁

Good one! I left you a like on YouTube for your thoughtfulness 🙂 But you need to pick up the pace if you want to save this guy... my imagination does not leave me with any good feeling for the bigger changes coming up...

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, 8200rpm said:

His comments about trail braking into corners using the rear brake only because using the front brake will stand up the bike. Dude has it backwards. 

A new and revolutionary concept... you know the asphalt gripping trail-tire for trail braking a sportsbike into corners using the rear... 🤣

It's so new only this dude knows about it... :smile:

• Member Contributer

I never knew the passenger pegs were rear sets, learn something new every day.  Come to think of it, I have used them to stretch my legs out rearward on long trips so maybe they are :biggrin:.  Is it my imagination or did he confuse an ABS sensor cable with a speedometer sensor cable?  I'll give him benefit of doubt, maybe he meant ABS speed sensor cable.  And this is great; "I need a bigger hammer" ... and oh yeah, "look how big it is inside".

Wow, so much entertainment in just one episode :laughing6-hehe:...

ACE

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, carlgustav said:

Is it my imagination or did he confuse an ABS sensor cable with a speedometer sensor cable?  I'll give him benefit of doubt, maybe he meant ABS speed sensor cable

Yes, he really did! :huh:

He says he always forget if the rear wheel sensor is for ABS or speedo... It does not appear as getting the facts right (from the shop manual) is something he is concerned about... I'm surprised he get so much good feedback... 

• Member Contributer

In the vid I saw him weighing the removed rear ABS pump and exclaiming what an "improvement" he was making . . . and he doesn't know what he pulse generator ring is for???  Gawd help us all if this is the video version of "Son of Wolf" . . .  :blink:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...