Power Commander V fix for 2000-2001 VFRs

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer

I have the new headers, have a '98 w/ K&N air filter and Vance & Hines ti can.  I have an old PCII from a loooong time ago and it works but I'd love to use the map Josef at Attack developed and I know it won't load on a PCII.  Will that map work on a PCIII?  Or only on a PCV?

• Member Contributer

They used a PC 3 for the 5th gen mapping, so you (we) would need a 3, I have a PC 2 also.

They used a PC V on the 6th and 8th gen.

• Member Contributer

Thanks.  that's what I thought reading through the thread.  But the PCIII is unavailable anywhere as far as I can tell.  The PCV is everywhere for sale and cheaper than the III.

I’m in on this as well 2001 with a PCV and AT.  Ripped it all out of the bike.  DJ even sent me a brand new PCV to try to fix the issue. Not sure when I will get around to putting it all back in but hold me a spot and I’ll get back to you. 

C4B8D73A-1DC5-4FA6-A5AC-08A562F95D5D.jpeg

1286D2EA-F16E-4B4E-B085-C4F850DB3C53.jpeg

381322D4-0168-4B71-ACAC-872C7EACE368.jpeg

I can tell you I fought with the PCV for almost a year. Went thru everything. Then installed a PC3 that worked great confirming my bike was good. A

fter going back and forth more with The guys At power commander I was  finally sent a "New" Old firmware. Once Installed the firmware the issue was solved. My 98 is very happy with the "new" old firmware. Now I would like a few more maps to try. 

Archived