RC15 available

skant153

Thanks for a couple folks for telling me classifieds can't get responses.

There's an 83 available near me, 37k on the clock. Owner says it starts and runs and is asking for offers. I'm curious what the value would be. I think this would be a cool bit of history even if it spent most of it's time torn apart in the garage. I do write-ups and videos on motorcycle histories and was going to shoot a vfr one this spring so this would be a nice touch.

Any suggestions?

SmartSelect_20200204-132749_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20200204-132803_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20200204-132734_Facebook.jpg

• Member Contributer

$250 is what I would offer, tops. Just for laughs.

Grotty 2.0 and chances the cams are the chocolate ones.

RHS panel, what is that switch? Flux capacitor?

The add you posted said  'automatic'??

Walk away, walk away, this looks unsafe at best to ride

• Member Contributer
15 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Walk away, walk away, this looks unsafe at best to ride

No.  Run away, run away.

Actually see if he wants to sell the mufflers.

• Member Contributer

And what's with the toggle switch sticking out of the right side??  :comp13:  Hmmm . . .  Besides being somewhat rough cosmetically I'd bet the chances are good that the tank has rust in it and the brake fluid was installed in Japan.  My $.02 on it is "parts bike".

7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

The add you posted said  'automatic'??

That's what Facebook does with motorcycles if you post the add on mobile. It's just weird.

The toggle switch is maybe for a r/r fan? I've also heard of people doing it for the radiator fan but yeah, that's a weird place for it.

Guess I'll never find out since you guys have talked me out of wanting to kick the tires.

• Member Contributer

If you are doing a vid or write up on VFR's, maybe start with your 5th gen - from the looks of it in your avatar, that might be a good place to start.  Can't go wrong with a 5th gen . . .

That was the plan, I've got access to some newer ones as well but I thought this would be nice to show the beginning. I have a 97 blade and did one in those as well. It was the feature bike but I know a guy in MA with a 93 and a local guy with a 954 and 1000 so I could show the evolution.

• Member Contributer

Feel free to use my PC12 pictures on this forum if you want to show the V4 evolution.. "the Miniceptor" :tour:

• Member Contributer

I bought an 83 with 26K a few years back for $250, so Leon is spot on. Tank was intact but rusted, cleaned it with some Phosphoric acid and let it dry for a week or so, Went through the carbs, fork seals, MC's, calipers, sprockets, chain, new battery, 3 yellow wire fix, grafted a VF1000F 17' rear to the bike for better rubber selection and recoverd the seat. Ended up with a fun to ride bike. This may not be your first Gen Interceptor, but keep you eyes open, they are great bikes. And yes they are  definitely a piece of motorcycle history.

Archived