Rc36/2 engine mount bolts

Hi everyone,

I was going to change my engine mounting bolts to some fancy stainless bolts but the normal and fine metric bolts i used don't seem to fit does anyone know what type of threads they are?

I thought all the bolts on Japanese bikes were always metric but I guess they're not.

20200204_145213.thumb.jpg.a1f3aeace0ae4fafcc650ff77f28082e.jpg

• Member Contributer

If I recall correctly, M10 comes in three flavours: 1.0mm pitch, 1.25mm and 1.50mm. 1.50mm is standard course, most people carry the 1.00mm fine pitch but it seems tricky to find the 1.25mm pitch at the usual hardware outlets.

I would be wary of using stainless hardware for motor mounts without anti-seize or some compound to prevent galling. 

• Member Contributer

I think M8, M10 and M12 all come in three pitch variations. Honda seem to like M10x1.25mm. My 6th Gen and, I believe, my old NC30 had them on the subframe bolts. 

• Member Contributer

Honda does not use M10 1.50 bolts anywhere.  M10 1.0 thread is used only inside the forks and brake calipers; everything else is M10 1.25 (many Japanese manufacturers are the same).  Honda does not use any odd-pitch bolts in other sizes (except maybe M12, I hardly ever see them on Hondas, but if so, I'm pretty sure they would be the fine thread version as well).  So, M8, M6, M4, M3 will all be "normal" coarse thread on a Honda.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived