Fairing disaster

Nate87

So I bought this 96 Vfr 750 runs fair. Well guess I should have looked at the fairings a lil better the guy had them on w zip ties and yea I need a whole new kit. Was going to just fiberglass repair the cracks until going down the road at about 70 mph I lost the whole left side. 
So question is. 
anyone know a place I can buy a unpainted fairing kit from. 
I keep looking and all I find is piece meal. And all painted. 

3237D7E8-932F-4C29-88CB-7CFC5B4DC8ED.jpeg

5D921BFE-75F9-43F6-989B-8949601305EE.jpeg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Nate87 said:

So I bought this 96 Vfr 750 runs fair. Well guess I should have looked at the fairings a lil better the guy had them on w zip ties and yea I need a whole new kit. Was going to just fiberglass repair the cracks until going down the road at about 70 mph I lost the whole left side. 
So question is. 
anyone know a place I can buy a unpainted fairing kit from. 
I keep looking and all I find is piece meal. And all painted. 

3237D7E8-932F-4C29-88CB-7CFC5B4DC8ED.jpeg

5D921BFE-75F9-43F6-989B-8949601305EE.jpeg

Try AirTech.  I seem to recall another source but I could be mistaken.  I don't ever recall seeing Chinese sourced reproductions but that could be worth a search or two.

https://www.airtech-streamlining.com/honda-fairings-seats-fenders-parts/VFR7501994-97.htm

• Member Contributer

What a bummer! Those panels are not so easy to find in good condition... you can buy them new from Honda last I checked, but the price is like a SpaceX!

I found a substitute on eBay some years ago - never got a chance to buy them (have not knocked the bike over... yet). Unfortunately, the are made in Poland, which is like on the other side of planet Earth. These are un-painted fibreglass.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-VFR-750-F-1994-1997-LEFT-SIDE-FULL-FAIRING-PANEL-NEW-NEW/151415081972?hash=item23410acbf4:g:vocAAOSwDuJW0fvu

• Member Contributer

Ahhh...the problem of having a 4th Gen VFR.....fairings......

The fairing from Poland are the only ones I have ever found new, and these all have to be trimmed to install lights.

Getting used ones is probably all you can do and these will require various level of repair.

• Member Contributer

So if that panel was zip-tied, then I assume you are missing bracket/screws too?

Sidepanel are secured with:

- 3 x 1/4 turn at the bottom that is held in place with a thin fibre-washer

- 2 x 1/4 turn from inner cowl

- 1 x fairing hex socket bolt

If you need help with partnumbers let me know

Is the rest of the fairing secured ok?

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, Nate87 said:

Thankyou for ur help. 
is there any other model that is close enough in size to accommodate? 

No 😞 

Thankyou and I may need part numbers. I’ll let u know. Over all I’m pretty sure all the fairings need to be taken off and repaired and fixed I don’t think any of them are screwed down o

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, Nate87 said:

Thankyou and I may need part numbers. I’ll let u know. Over all I’m pretty sure all the fairings need to be taken off and repaired and fixed I don’t think any of them are screwed down o

The upper cowl (front with head light, turn-signal panels, inner cowl) is a little bitchy to get off the bike - I suggest you get the shop manual if you don't have it. You can download it from the download section on this site.

Airtech are good if you just want trackbike fairings.

Used is your only real way to do it at a reasonable price, even if they're damaged. Get yourself an airless plastic welder, a Dremel, and lots of sandpaper of various grades.

• Member Contributer
On 2/3/2020 at 7:12 AM, Dutchy said:

Thurn Motorsport in Germany

I could not find an english version. Is there one?

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I could not find an english version. Is there one?

Google is your friend (well, if nothing else at least in this instance . . . )

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thurn-motorsport.de%2Fhtml%2Fvfr.html

It may be a function of Google's translation - but you may have to right click on links and open in a new tab to get them to work.  It 'aint perfect but it's better than my ability to read German . . .

• Member Contributer

The Englsih text is under ze Zjerman no? 

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/verkleidung-rc36.html

image.thumb.png.1a65f5b531c206caa13156c77a2ab09e.png

Pal of mine bought panels for his RC51 methink.... I can enquire if he likes them...

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey! Italy has been hard hit by the Coronavirus, but I got some panels shipped to Sebspeed that he said looked good. $700 for full set. MotoXRicambi says they are fine and ready for the work.

4th gen fairings full sets . Takes a few weeks to get, but Seb liked them. Might be wotrth it

Archived