Sprockets

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, otmaximus said:

I’ve been running 17T and 41T for years, but it’s hard to find non-stock or non-OEM parts anymore. Just not as much aftermarket support for the old-timers. 

Paul in SoCal 

I'm ok with manufacturers limit to stock items in order to "expand" a decreasing volume on fewer items. It is never going to be better for these "modern old-timers".

• Member Contributer

https://www.nr1motor.nl/honda/1994/vfr-750-f-onderdelen/aandrijving.html

https://www.japparts.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_86_93_228&products_id=4388&language=en&zenid=ume33i2jgsf5qqu3jtqo82dli0

Just a quick searh...

VFRs were hugely popular here so plenty parts.  Should you ever get stuck and want to eat the shippings costs across the pond......

Since this is a kit, I assume it’s stock gearing. It’s not a problem getting the OE gearing here. I’m just bummed I don’t have the options any more for taller gearing. 
I’m back to commuting about 120 miles/day, so I’m trying to squeeze as many miles as I can out of a gallon of fuel. 
Paul in SoCal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 1/25/2020 at 11:07 PM, otmaximus said:

I’ve been running 17T and 41T for years, but it’s hard to find non-stock or non-OEM parts anymore. Just not as much aftermarket support for the old-timers. 

Paul in SoCal 

JT probably still makes the front sprockets, as the last time I checked, a lot of Hondas used the same sprockets.  I once made a drawing showing the relevant JT front sprockets and their dimensions, but I can't find it anymore...  The 41T rear might be more difficult, as OM is 43T and the next most common is 45T.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, JZH said:

JT probably still makes the front sprockets, as the last time I checked, a lot of Hondas used the same sprockets.  I once made a drawing showing the relevant JT front sprockets and their dimensions, but I can't find it anymore...  The 41T rear might be more difficult, as OM is 43T and the next most common is 45T.

Ciao,

JZH

Is it this drawing:

HondaFrontSprocketsCompared.png

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Supersprox will do a fresh cut to order on the rear. Ain't cheap...but not requiring a mortgage either.

Archived