‘00 revival, clutch rod hole

KevCarver

• Member Contributer

Not my bike, getting a Y2K back on the road after prolonged sitting. Found this on the left case, sprocket housing where the clutch pushrod goes through. No idea what could cause it, or if it is a cause for concern going forward. 

101A7492-10A8-4872-81C3-FED17766BD40.thumb.jpeg.83a2c02ca5f3e4998b63a5af6a874545.jpegAD44EEC6-B4DA-429B-886B-AEE570E5B278.thumb.jpeg.b240e0aa6a1e1c96037c49d141b18048.jpeg

With the steel bracket-y thing in place it shouldn’t really be a factor. (?) 

69857420-B377-4A74-BFD6-37F0BDF78AA0.thumb.jpeg.4099626881550faba28a1b4bf92e5698.jpeg

Thoughts? Concerns?

• Member Contributer

Looks like a boss for a dowel pin?  Perhaps someone didn't have things lined up when they installed the cover..... Ride it, worry less.

• Member Contributer

How does the pushrod look? Intact, scratches, bend??? Or missing completely 😞

• Member Contributer

Any damage to the sprocket cover?

Have a good look into the channel and clean it real good. Install and test it. Be careful with the seal!

If it’s the bike I think it is, it will be so happy when you’re done that nothing could be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Improper installation of the clutch slave at some point. Non-issue as it's not a support point for the rod and not within normal throw range of the cylinder. I would remove the pieces that have split away so they don't fall off by themselves, do your normal cleaning and move on. 

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, SEBSPEED said:

Improper installation of the clutch slave at some point. Non-issue as it's not a support point for the rod and not within normal throw range of the cylinder. I would remove the pieces that have split away so they don't fall off by themselves, do your normal cleaning and move on. 

Thanks.

BTW, that is post cleaning...

Archived