CBR mirrors on VFR

SVRGNT

I did a search, didn't find anything... 

I'm not sure if anyone has been curious if/how CBR mirrors fit on the VFR, but I went and took a chance on it. The CBR mirrors have a pretty sharp angle in the arm that drops them a lot lower than the VFR ones. It takes away a bit of the bug/mantis look I love so much, but I think the position works a lot better. VFR mirrors always seemed to have a tiny blind spot juuuuust behind me no matter what I did. Tangles always put my elbows in the way, too. The CBR mirrors, with that angle, are out from the bike just a little farther, but it makes a huge difference in viewing field. It was a little odd getting used to the new position and angle, but already I much prefer these mirrors. I feel like I can see much more when trying to merge. I'd even go so far to say that these mirrors might have helped me avoid my accident in September (car tried to veer around me to overtake as I moved into the carpool lane, clipped me). 

Anyway, pictures attached! (Bike is red now, BTW.)

0113201602_HDR.jpg

0113201602a_HDR.jpg

0113201602b_HDR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Curious to know the mounting bolt spacing on your Gen6.  Also, looks to me like you could (if  necessary) swap mounting brackets, or if not needed, just install the right on the left and vice versa, twist the heads the right way... the angle of the arm would go slightly up then....

The mount spacing was identical, didn't have to modify a thing. I tried flipping them upside down, but the ball socket doesn't pivot down enough to look good at all. You'd have your mirrors pointing up at 45 degrees watching birds and planes haha. 

If you really wanted to, you could swap the bases to the VFR ones, but I don't really see a need to. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Are these the BikeMaster mirrors for the CBR1000RR (2004-2007)?   I noticed that Partzilla has the actual OEM parts (88110/88120-MEL-013).  I replaced my originals with Honda OEM VFR a couple of years ago, but I like the idea of getting a better view without my elbows. Has anyone tried with the OEM Honda parts?

Archived