Just bought

Nate87

I just bought a 96 vfr and am trying to buy replacement parts and everything I keep looking for I can’t find. Is there a site that is more bike specific. Cause I like everyone does not want to buy something that don’t fit 

• Member Contributer

Congrats with that new old bike - it is just as "new old" as my VFR 750 🙂

You should not have any problems with ordinary wear parts. Of course some parts may no longer be available from Honda, but non-OEM can be obtained. A smaller number of parts will have to be sourced from breakers.

Thankyou for your help. I am looking forward to the bike last one I had was 10 yrs ago and I had a 96 cbr. So it’s like learning all over again not to much wrong with this vfr fairings and normal lay over issues. Any suggestions on things I need to do or check before I put on street and also what’s the best gas to use? 

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, Nate87 said:

Thankyou for your help. I am looking forward to the bike last one I had was 10 yrs ago and I had a 96 cbr. So it’s like learning all over again not to much wrong with this vfr fairings and normal lay over issues. Any suggestions on things I need to do or check before I put on street and also what’s the best gas to use? 

My rec for gas is anything ethanol free:

https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/maps.jsp

also - I am in the US and use Partzilla for parts pretty often, they have the factory schematics / parts diagrams as well, which is helpful in and of itself. 

• Member Contributer

Many things are forgotten - riding is not one of them 🙂

Was it in lay-up for a long time when you got it?

Thankyou. It took me a few min. But 20 miles and what felt like a million red lights later I felt it. 
the guy I bought it from said it had sat for about a year. But is really not sure. 
decent looking bike rides ok. Few things I did not like but that’s with anything old new. Cosmetic mostly 

BFC4CC23-CB67-498B-99AA-24A7A53F6454.jpeg

F744C03A-7EAC-4540-84E2-DE33D2106502.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Well - a lille work with some shine... 🙂 tho you clutch lever gotta go - guess its ok with no gloves, but with gloves...! 

Mason City Honda in Mason City, Iowa offers a %15 discount to VFRD members last I checked. Not sure where you could beat that. They are one day from Honda's regional warehouse so most parts are to them the next day and then shipped out from there. Keith is the guy in parts and he is really helpful. Use any of the parts lookup sites and get a list of part numbers for him. It makes it a lot faster to get the order in.

Archived