2020 Spring Memorial Ride May 14-17 (ON HOLD!)

Image may contain: house, motorcycle and outdoor, possible text that says 'VFRD Memorial Spring Ride May 14-17, 2020 Franklin NC'

2020 VFRD Memorial Spring Ride May 14-17 Franklin NC

UPDATE 3/26/20:

Sorry folks its canceled due to road closures and quarantine. Updates will be posted if and when things change. Refunds are being sent out to those who registered.

But wait! I almost forgot....FREE BEER!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted this because Bob is not actually on VFRD. He has posted this on FB as many of you will have seen. The rest of you...well I'll do what I can to help. 

If you don't have PayPal, I'll let me know and I'll see how Bob wants to handle it.

• Member Contributer

This is a long way out, and I have a conflict that weekend, but the conflict is motorcycle related about 2 hours away in NC (First Gen V4 group).  So, if I'm not shipping out during this time I'll try to swing by for at least a beer, probably Thursday the 14th. That makes it a definite maybe :).

• Member Contributer

Hmmm, if memory serves me right, at last years Fall ride you had excellent taste in beer.

Its on the calendar, lets see how long it takes my wife to notice. 🙂

7 hours ago, Sweeper said:

I'm in! Like there was ever a doubt. 

Me too!  Can't friggin' wait.  Winter has been too long already.  PreRide route planning is in high gear.

- prelim route is extensive.  Feel like doing 5 days this year?  With designated photo and bbq stops (Ridgewood stop, of course).  

FIVE DAYS! Lets do it. No such thing as too much as far as I'm concerned. I sat out Saturday last year due to the weather and didn't regret it one bit after a week of riding.

• Member Contributer

Yeah,

Fly into Charlotte NC,  ride to Little Switserland, onto to Franklin, Georgia, Alabama, visit Skuuter in TN, do the Tail of the Dragon a couple of times, get to Franklin, meet the TMAC contingent, do TMAC, ride to Charlotte, fly home............ :tour:

Gradus For President!!! 

athumbs.thumb.jpg.73e1765313d6025474319ef0b8eb063c.jpg

:fing02: :tongue:

• Member Contributer

I'd love to make it to this event. Historically this is just about the best event on the VFRD calendar. However, now that I've got a dog to care for, I'll need to recruit a dog sitter. She is quite the handful so that is not assured.  Ergo, I'm a strong maybe.

• Member Contributer

" I'll need to recruit a dog sitter. She is quite the handful "

If the dogsitter is indeed a handful (but good looking) do post a picture. Am sure someone will volunteer to keep her occupied...  :goofy:

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I'd love to make it to this event. Historically this is just about the best event on the VFRD calendar. However, now that I've got a dog to care for, I'll need to recruit a dog sitter. She is quite the handful so that is not assured.  Ergo, I'm a strong maybe.

Hope you are able to make it.

• Member Contributer

If I get my butt n gear I will be there . Just have to reassemble the bike .

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, gmtech94 said:

If I get my butt n gear I will be there . Just have to reassemble the bike .

Good point, I need to check my valves again. Last checked 16K ago, Everything in spec, but trending towards adjustment. Bikes got 83K now, so it may be time. Owned a second, third and 4th Gen and never have to remove the cams, a testament to Hondas engineering more than my maintenance skills I think. If I do have to go in, it will be my first time doing a Bucket and Shim bike as all my first Gens are screw and tappet. Read up on it about 18 months ago before I checked my clearances, guess its time for a review.

• Member Contributer
On 1/21/2020 at 1:54 AM, Dutchy said:

" I'll need to recruit a dog sitter. She is quite the handful "

If the dogsitter is indeed a handful (but good looking) do post a picture. Am sure someone will volunteer to keep her occupied...  :goofy:

Read my mind.  Get the dog sitter and stay home with her.  Might be more fun......

The ride is on a bad weekend for me, again.  

• Member Contributer
On 1/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dutchy said:

WOOOOFF!!!

Mojo is more of a howler.

Much to the delight of my neighbors.:pinocchio:

MojoInFlowers002.thumb.JPG.361b48f5a3e93265813fff20aea2d8d1.JPG

• Member Contributer

OK, I've booked a room for Thursday the 14th, as noted I have another Motorcycle related event that weekend about 160 miles away. I'm really only doing this to make Sweeper forever regret offering me free beer :+). My door to the hotel is 1161miles, I don't own a truck or trailer, so It will be a long day on Wen, then a short hop Thursday, hopefully there early afternoon.

Of course 12 hours after booking I get a message can I join a ship in Italy. I cannot tell you how many MC trips I've had to cancel because of work. Turns out though the timing is fine and should not be an issue, which is good as riding my bikes doesn't pay particularly well.

Look forward to meeting a few new faces and of course the great group from last Fall.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, FromMaine said:

OK, I've booked a room for Thursday the 14th, as noted I have another Motorcycle related event that weekend about 160 miles away. I'm really only doing this to make Sweeper forever regret offering me free beer :+). My door to the hotel is 1161miles, I don't own a truck or trailer, so It will be a long day on Wen, then a short hop Thursday, hopefully there early afternoon.

Of course 12 hours after booking I get a message can I join a ship in Italy. I cannot tell you how many MC trips I've had to cancel because of work. Turns out though the timing is fine and should not be an issue, which is good as riding my bikes doesn't pay particularly well.

Look forward to meeting a few new faces and of course the great group from last Fall.

Good lord!  That's a lot of VFR riding.  I don't think I'd want to look at it again for a while after a ride like that!

I think we can do better than a beer for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sweeper changed the title to 2020 Spring Memorial Ride May 14-17 (ON HOLD!)

Archived