Unleashing Factory Power Stage II Tune! Special 8th Gen Edition

Voided76

Thus begins my dive into foolish horsepower gains chasing with my 2014 VFR.  Currently I have a 8th gen with:

Slip on (s)  various lengths, ect.  
RapidBike Racing with MyTuningBike and BlueBike mods along with the return to stock chip for dyno day.
520 converted drivetrain with a -1T front sprocket and lightened/crossdrilled rear sprocket.

Some fiddle faddle from my olde 6th gen:  Pair removal plates,  Modified airbox with shorter, wider R6 stacks epoxied in.  

Just took delivery and bored-ly hand polished the new 5th/6th/8th header from the boys/wade on the forums.

I very nearly have all the terminal hardware to do the big swap and go to the full header/airbox/autotune/timing boosted machine that CandyRed uses to great envy on my part.

Considering there's a pump literally 100yards from base/home that has E85 I'm going to try to make a go for broke tune with more duty cycle and a bunch more timing to see if it makes a big difference.  

So it should definately rock & roll.  Lemme know if you know of some places in socal that offer (cheap) dyno pulls with little to no diagnostic needs considering the RBR handles pretty much everything anyway.  

20200105_195736.jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Best looking set of pipes yet - go get ‘em Voided! We did our dyno work in Orange County with Attack Performance - they charge $125 for baseline, non-tuning runs. I will PM you with two local dyno shops I found in north San Diego county - both good guys with modest operations. Closer to you is Lee’s Cycles in San Diego proper, closer to Kearny Mesa.

• Member Contributer

AFAIK we had an "unleashing" palaver in the past.  Did not end well....   So good to see that dyno runs prior, during and after are planned 😎

• Member Contributer

I admit I did start laughing hysterically as soon as I read the title of the post!

No offense meant to you, Voided, just a blast from the past as you know. It has been a hoot following SF and Duc's header thread, look forward to seeing your dyno runs, best wishes.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, flya750 said:

I'm ready to buy SFDOWNHILL...

How do I go about placing the order?

8G

Send him and CC me on a PM with your quantity along with your shipping info. We'll get you a total and get the ball rolling.

• Member Contributer
On 1/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, flya750 said:

I'm ready to buy SFDOWNHILL...

How do I go about placing the order?

8G

I’m on board w you and Duc2V4 on PMs now, Flya. Thanks

• Member Contributer

Voided 76, we took a vote and the outcome is that we’re using this photo of your gleaming pipes - including the crazy bird-carrying-bomb pillow - for all future marketing materials...

C5F569D7-3FA5-44FE-BD22-994D5A5432CD.thumb.jpeg.c0c67b7ff9241af1456ffed2bbf8b39d.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

Voided 76, we took a vote and the outcome is that we’re using this photo of your gleaming pipes - including the crazy bird-carrying-bomb pillow - for all future marketing materials...

C5F569D7-3FA5-44FE-BD22-994D5A5432CD.thumb.jpeg.c0c67b7ff9241af1456ffed2bbf8b39d.jpeg

be my guest,  that bird-carrying-a-bomb is a Prinny to be exact.

They're pretty awesome,  dood.

PCIRBTH_Hero_Prinny.png