Throttlemeister for '09 VFR

VIAJERO_VFR

• Member Contributer

Happy New Year to all!

I lost one of my Throttlemeister bar ends (throttle side) vibrated off while riding last night and am wondering if anyone has a replacement, or a set, for sale, or knows there I could pick one up for my '09 6th Gen.
They appear to have gone out of business earlier this year. 😣

Will happily pay shipping to Vancouver, Canada and a reasonable cost.

Cheers!

54b01ec6db13ef527353d237b86d1f28.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Bummer to hear that... both your lost bar end and that Throttlemeister is out of business!!  I love mine and am going to check the tightness of bolts right now!

• Member Contributer

That's to bad, I did not know the were out of business.

3 years ago I lost my throttle side at 430am in the dark in Portland Maine. A 20 minute search with my flashlight convinced me it had landed somewhere in the grass off the road. As this is a major highway and it dark I decided to continue south to Virginia to meet some buddies. I figured I'd look again when I came through. Well 9 days later as I hit the Maine border I saw snow, by the time I was in Portland there was about a 18" on the ground. The roads were clear enough, it was just one of those late April snow storms we get. I wasn't going to find it and I left anyway shortly after returning to work overseas for 4 months.

I do have the left side that was still on the bike, but it is the older style, not like yours. It looks like the one on the right. Looking at pictures of all the types they offered I'd say the billet sizes are all the same, just the finish is different. Don't think the black would be hard to replicate, but you would probably have to talk with a machinist about the grooves.

Its yours for shipping if you have no luck anywhere else. I went out to my garage and found it before writing this and put it on my kitchen window so I don't have to paw around trying to remember where it was if you do later on. 

Michael

TOFT_25MMSHCS[1].jpg

Archived