YSS Shock

windunderhawk

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, windunderhawk said:

Thank You, Question, how may miles on shock? Hows it feel when pushed? Ever have customer issues?

By now I reckon some 15,000 miles

Euh feel when pushed?  It is compliant as expected. In my view it is as good as Wilbers (I had one on my VFR750) or Ohlins (I have on my RC51). Superior to OEM in any case. 

No customer issues.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, windunderhawk said:

Anybody got experience with the YSS rear shock for the fifth gen?

I had a YSS on my 5th Gen Viffer. It replaced a very tired stocker. I've subsequently replaced is after about 12k miles with a Nitron shock. The YSS shock was much better than the old stock unit. It was OK. I thought it was better than a Hagon shock I had some years ago on another bike. I was pretty happy with it but wanted to get something sprung/valved for my considerable weight. In the end I went for the Nitron which is noticeably more comfortable AND controlled. In terms of value for money though the YSS was excellent. It was still in great condition when I sold it on and you could still feel the difference when adjusting the damping. A definite step up from the stock shock, especially if it is knackered like mine was. I'm not exactly a scratcher anymore but I was happy with the performance when pressing on harder. Although that's very much in the context of what was spent. The Nitron is just sooo much nicer but then it should be.... having the forks rebuilt also made a MASSIVE difference.

Archived