Happy New Year

RC36B

• Member Contributer

Hello VFR friends,

2019 is about to run out of stream and soon we will ride with 2020. I wish you all a Happy New Year - take care, be safe!

• Member Contributer

Happy New Year. Last ride yesterday of 2019 and the decade on the 20 year old, 120K mile bike, which just seems to be aging so well. Never get tired of it. Thanks VFRD, Happy 2020 all.

20191231_165234.jpg

20191231_165305.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 1/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, vfrcapn said:

Happy New Year. Last ride yesterday of 2019 and the decade on the 20 year old, 120K mile bike, which just seems to be aging so well. Never get tired of it. Thanks VFRD, Happy 2020 all.

5th gen looks great, .....newer side panels?

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, mello dude said:

5th gen looks great, .....newer side panels?

Yes, picked up a full nose, tail and side set last year from a local who had them repainted. Not a perfect match but big improvement, the originals had faded to pink.

• Member Contributer

You sure have a lot of modifications... front, under-seat exhaust, different clutch cover and for sure lots of others things I didn't see 🙂

• Member Contributer
37 minutes ago, RC36B said:

You sure have a lot of modifications... front, under-seat exhaust, different clutch cover and for sure lots of others things I didn't see 🙂

Yes, me to, but I did notice who ever built that nice under seat exhaust did so in a way the bike was able to keep its center stand. 👍

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, FromMaine said:

Yes, me to, but I did notice who ever built that nice under seat exhaust did so in a way the bike was able to keep its center stand. 👍

Wonder if the exhaust also added heated seat? 🙂

• Member Contributer

I've had 19 years to fiddle with it so plenty of time to add/delete and re-add mods. I've put some insulation to the underseat tray to protect the electronics and my underseat from the exhaust. 😉

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

I've had 19 years to fiddle with it so plenty of time to add/delete and re-add mods. I've put some insulation to the underseat tray to protect the electronics and my underseat from the exhaust. 😉

Yeah - I guess 19 years of fanny heating would not have worked 🙂

So how did you do it? You have removed the underseat compartment by removing the the rear-fender from the battery and back...? Did you make a channel in metal to house and deflect heat from the important bits and pieces like electronics and your fanny?

The rear down pipes appears to extend further back...?

It's a Wolf Racing underseat system and yes you need to custom adapt it - more or less like you suggested, RC36B. It's a slip-on so no change to the headers.

I have one for a 4th Gen.

• Member Contributer

I did make a custom tray and battery box out of aluminum, basically replicated the OEM tray, and added some insulating mat to the top of the tray. The headers are TBros ss headers.

Archived