Any red 2014 - 2018 VFRs with white wheels out there?

VFR80025th

Would love to see white wheels on a red VFR.

Thinking of picking up a 2014 or 2015.

I'm not sold on which color because to be honest it looks boring compared to my RWB but maybe if I paint the wheels the bike will look better to me.

White - i will paint wheels Black (looks more agressive to me)

Red - either black or white wheels

A pic of my current beauty!

Thxs

20180805_074557.jpg

On 12/24/2019 at 8:57 AM, VFR80025th said:

Would love to see white wheels on a red VFR.

Thinking of picking up a 2014 or 2015.

I'm not sold on which color because to be honest it looks boring compared to my RWB but maybe if I paint the wheels the bike will look better to me.

White - i will paint wheels Black (looks more agressive to me)

Red - either black or white wheels

A pic of my current beauty!

Thxs

20180805_074557.jpg

Love the white wheels on the RWB. Mine is a little different then your's. 

VFR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sorry, the closest I could come to a Red 2014 with White wheels is my Red 2001 with White wheels. Regardless of year, I think the Red and White combo looks great.

IMG_2068.thumb.JPG.7d34e17afb7e198e4a29880833327878.JPG

• Member Contributer
On 12/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, fink said:

I think the bronze colour is fine.  White wouldn’t go and look pretty garish.

Agree.  RWB looks kind of "busy".  

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Sorry, the closest I could come to a Red 2014 with White wheels is my Red 2001 with White wheels. Regardless of year, I think the Red and White combo looks great.

IMG_2068.thumb.JPG.7d34e17afb7e198e4a29880833327878.JPG

Fine in nice dry conditions but a day in the rain and yuk

I lived for 16 years with these wheels. My bike is out there every day in everything except snow, so the only time they ever looked clean was when they'd just been washed and hadn't yet dried. I'm not super-picky about having a spotless bike but I'll never have white wheels again!

2005 - Honda CBR600FK.jpg

9 hours ago, fatshoutybloke said:

I lived for 16 years with these wheels. My bike is out there every day in everything except snow, so the only time they ever looked clean was when they'd just been washed and hadn't yet dried. I'm not super-picky about having a spotless bike but I'll never have white wheels again!

2005 - Honda CBR600FK.jpg

Had the same bike. Different paint scheme but white wheels, too. Impossible to clean all the grime inside the U of the spokes.

I wouldn’t want white wheels unless they were solid with no nooks and crannies. 

15 hours ago, 8200rpm said:

Had the same bike. Different paint scheme but white wheels, too. Impossible to clean all the grime inside the U of the spokes.

I wouldn’t want white wheels unless they were solid with no nooks and crannies. 

And they never are! I suppose alloys aren't strong enough without reinforcing ribs of some kind, which inevitably means nooks and crannies but if they're solid the wheels are too heavy and it's way too expensive to build them hollow. 8th gens aren't too bad though!

• Member Contributer

Sorry, not a 2014 but some red VFR's with white rims.

The one on the bottom was my 91 3rd Gen. that I picked up in England when I worked there in 2015 .Bone stock colors, it was a great bike, it was my only transport. 

The one on the top is my 97 4th Gen. Its got a 3rd Gen rear rim, front is original rim painted to match. That's in my garage now.

0513191518a_HDR.jpg

06f1099a216067738ec475cb6346b9b3.jpg

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, fatshoutybloke said:

I suppose alloys aren't strong enough without reinforcing ribs of some kind, which inevitably means nooks and crannies but if they're solid the wheels are too heavy and it's way too expensive to build them hollow.

Au contraire, mon ami, early Suzuki GSX-R750s for example, had three hollow spokes that would be very easy to clean. Don't look as nice as Honda's designs but show that other affordable options exist.

1990-Suzuki-GSX-R750a.JPG

Archived