Desperate to Find Old Part

Calculon

• Member Contributer
On 6/3/2020 at 4:51 AM, Jelorian said:

This is awesome!  I downloaded the file and will find someone to print it for me.  Mine are deteriorating and would love to get replacements.  Thanks so much for sharing the file!

The thought of printing up pieces for replacing deteriorating parts never occurred to me.  Good luck getting your pieces printed.

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Calculon said:

The thought of printing up pieces for replacing deteriorating parts never occurred to me.  Good luck getting your pieces printed.

Imagine not having 3D printing technology.  It would be challenging finding many of these old parts and I'm sure expensive as well.  While we may not end up with OEM, a 3D printed substitute can be a more than adequate substitute.

• Member Contributer
On 6/6/2020 at 4:26 AM, Jelorian said:

Imagine not having 3D printing technology.  It would be challenging finding many of these old parts and I'm sure expensive as well.  While we may not end up with OEM, a 3D printed substitute can be a more than adequate substitute.

To be fair it really wasn't cheap on my end to get the part produced, relative to what is in essence two formed pieces of plastic.  It was the least expensive route after searching for a year.  On the flip-side, it is amazing to me that we have this ability to recreate parts.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Calculon said:

To be fair it really wasn't cheap on my end to get the part produced, relative to what is in essence two formed pieces of plastic.  It was the least expensive route after searching for a year.  On the flip-side, it is amazing to me that we have this ability to recreate parts.

I figured there would be a significant outlay of funds to do this.  Kudos to you for sharing the file.  I will send the file to a buddy that has some 3D printers and see what it would cost to have him print them out of a semi flexible filament. 

Cheers!

Archived