Owners Manuals and other YSS Fork Spring TableNew Maintenece File In vfrd downloads

Mohawk

• Member Contributer

YSS Fork Spring Table

View File

Having spent ages trying to find compatible fork springs for an older bike, I came accross this list on the YSS Thailand site & thought it would be a great cross reference for anyone looking for a fork spring, when they can't find what they need for the specific model !

I had planned to use VFR springs to improve my buddies FJ forks when I refurbed them, but turns out Yamaha use a thicker wall on their 41mm forks, so the VFR springs (35mm OD) won't fit !

I was able to use this file to cross reference the early FJ1200 spring (485mmx33.5mmx0.65Kg/mm) with an XJ900S from 94-03 years which is 490mmx33.5mmx0.8-1.6Kg/mm (progressive), so only 5mm longer but stiffer, just what I needed 🙂

Hope it helps others.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Brookes Barn are the UK outlet, very helpful people ...even if the only springs are progressive for many models 

• Member Contributer

Has anyone explored the straight rate spring options from RaceTech or some of the other North American suppliers like Sonic and Traxxion?  A spring upgrade is likely on my list.......

• Member Contributer

I've got RaceTech springs in my forks. I used their recommended spring (for my weight on a VFR) with custom damping, and they feel excellent. Getting the spring right is the first piece in the puzzle, but you have to get the damping right as well. Of course, getting the front end right just highlighted the problems with the rear... I'm using one of Jamie's shocks on that end. It all works together and getting it right isn't cheap, but the end result was huge for me... I'm pretty big though, so the stock suspension was seriously out of its comfort zone. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, raYzerman said:

Has anyone explored the straight rate spring options from RaceTech or some of the other North American suppliers like Sonic and Traxxion?  A spring upgrade is likely on my list.......

I’ve had Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridges & springs in mine for 10 years. Plus a Nitrox Race shock on the rear, with the brake delink & loss of 35Kg it handles & brakes like a CBR600RR now 👍😎

• 1 month later...