Reflective Wheel Stripes

Skids

• Member Contributer

Found these on a Greek site, Moto-Discovery. Inexpensive compared to the other reflective stripes I could find, VFR-specific and very rapid delivery. They don't quite fit as advertised in the instructions, they overlap when you get back round to the start, but it's easily fixed by reducing the distance between some of the sections. We'll see how they last an English winter.

Lots of other VFR/VFR800X bits on there too.

large.IMAG0795.jpg.75e77d46de65cbfd648742579c215a46.jpg

• Member Contributer

On a similar note, I've been thinking about trying Plasti-dip Reflex. Supposedly, it's a clear retro-reflective coating that will go over other colors. I haven't been able to find any decent pics of results though, which usually doesn't bode well... I'd love wheels that shine when headlights hit them but are white in daylight. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Marvelicious said:

On a similar note, I've been thinking about trying Plasti-dip Reflex. Supposedly, it's a clear retro-reflective coating that will go over other colors. I haven't been able to find any decent pics of results though, which usually doesn't bode well... I'd love wheels that shine when headlights hit them but are white in daylight. 

That sounds interesting, not heard of it before.

Pics or info as and when you get it please.

• Member Contributer

If you aren't familiar with Plasti Dip, YouTube is loaded with how-to videos especially for wheels. To put it simply, it's sort of a flexible semi-permanent paint like coating. It isn't super durable, but when it gets messed up, you just peel off the remainder and the original finish is undisturbed underneath. I guess it generally lasts most people a year or two in automotive applications. 

As for the Reflex version, I can't find any good pics or videos. It looks like it makes things look a little hazy in full daylight, but no good pics of whether it works well as a reflector. I might buy a can just to do a test myself. Don't count on it though... I have a million other projects. 

Archived